Change and configuration management and impact analysis for z/OS
IBM® Software Configuration and Library Manager facility (SCLM) for z/OS® is a software configuration management (SCM) product. SCLM for z/OS consists of two products—a library manager and a configuration manager for the IBM z/OS platform. SCLM for z/OS is a feature of the Interactive System Productivity Facility (ISPF), which is included with the z/OS operating system.
SCLM for z/OS includes:
- Library manager—manages changes to your application data, performs auditing and versioning, and controls the movement of your application from one set of staging libraries to the next.
- Configuration manager—knows how all the pieces of an application fit together including standard source, object and load modules. Lets you specify additional relationships in SCLM to associate other data, such as test cases, publications and JCL, with the application.
- Change management—lets you associate a change code with a member and then build, promote and report based on change codes. Also provides a sample interface to IBM Tivoli® Information Management for z/OS, which tracks problem and change records to completion.
- Impact analysis—performs what-if analysis of potential consequences of a change before an actual build or promote is performed. Generates customized reports of the contents of SCLM-controlled applications, and reports that show how the pieces of your application are related.
- ISPF features—provides SCLM view and browse functions that are the same as their ISPF counterparts. The SCLM edit function is built on top of ISPF edit and supports the ISPF edit macros and commands, language-sensitive editing and the Edit Compare tool. An ISPF configuration table option determines whether a member can be accessed from outside of SCLM.