Accelerate complex deployments with advanced automation tools
IBM® Rational® Deployment Automation Content Pack for RAFW and WAS automates deployment of the Rational Automation Framework for WebSphere® (RAFW) and WebSphere Application Server (WAS).
Rational Automation Framework for WebSphere is a customizable framework that offers core automation benefits for complex middleware environments. WebSphere Application Server is a high performance application server for building and managing middleware applications.
Rational Deployment Automation Content Pack for RAFW and WAS speeds deployments while reducing deployment risks.
- Includes two extensions for deployment planning: IBM Rational Software Architect Extension for Deployment Planning and IBM Rational Software Extension for Deployment Automation Planning.
- Enhances deployment planning and automation by eliminating scripting and manual installation and configuration of the target deployment environment.
- Supports configuration tasks for WebSphere Application Server application deployments, including generation of Rational Automation Framework for WebSphere configuration files from a validated, semantic model.
- Integrates the Deployment Workflow Editor to show available Rational Automation Framework for WebSphere tasks supported by the platform. Includes detailed descriptions on task usage and support for importing tasks into the deployment workflow.
- Provides a custom Rational Automation Framework for WebSphere publisher that creates a Rational Automation Framework automation project and a corresponding WebSphere environment tree.
- Generates a deployment workflow that can use custom Build Forge libraries and rules in conjunction with Rational Automation Framework for WebSphere rules to produce an automation project. These tasks can be integrated with tasks supported by Rational Automation Framework for WebSphere.