Extend and optimize PL/I applications on IBM MVS and VM systems
IBM PL/I for MVS™ & VM is a software development environment for building and maintaining PL/I applications on IBM MVS and VM operating systems. The software provides interlanguage communication (ILC), common services and common functions to help you incorporate modern technology into your existing PL/I applications.
PL/I for MVS & VM provides features and options to enhance your PL/I applications and improve your return on IT investment.
- Powerful development environment—provides capabilities to help application programmers enhance PL/I applications.
- Interoperability—provides ILC support, common protocols and a single runtime environment, enabling applications to interface with various IBM products and other packaged software.
- Code reuse and optimization—provides features for optimizing and reusing code in new applications.
Powerful development environment
- Improves programmer productivity with a structured programming language, streamlined system interfaces and enhanced compiler options.
- Includes virtual storage constraint relief for constructing large applications, debug tools and flexible runtime options.
- Provides ILC to support functionality between applications.
- Uses a suite of callable services provided by the IBM Language Environment®, allowing you to integrate packaged software into existing PL/I applications regardless of the language used.
- Enables PL/I applications to interface with other IBM products such as IBM DB2®, IBM IMS™, IBM CICS® and IBM GDDM®.
Code reuse and optimization
- Allows you to use existing code in new applications regardless of the source-code language used.
- Provides enhanced double-byte character set (DBCS) support.
- Supports dynamic calls.
PL/I for MVS & VM resources