Compilation and optimization technology for IBM AIX and Power Systems
IBM® PL/I for AIX® is a software development environment for building PL/I applications on the IBM AIX operating system. The solution provides PL/I functions that allow you to use existing PL/I code while upgrading your applications with the newest web technologies.
PL/I for AIX lets you optimize and modernize business-critical PL/I applications.
- Powerful development environment—maximizes the development of applications executing on IBM Power Systems™.
- XML and Java interoperability—incorporates modern web-based technologies, such as XML and Java, into existing systems.
- Debugging capabilities—provides standard debugging tools for optimized code.
- Application compatibility—minimizes the risks of porting from other PL/I implementations.
Powerful development environment
- Produces PL/I code that performs across all hardware levels of AIX including Power Systems.
- Maximizes middleware by providing access to IBM DB2® and IBM TXSeries systems.
- Integrates SQL, IBM CICS® and preprocessors, as well as the PL/I macro facility.
XML and Java interoperability
- Allows PL/I and Java programs to interoperate based on the Java Native Interface.
- Features a high-speed XML parser that allows programs to consume inbound XML messages and transform their contents into PL/I data structures.
- Provides flexibility and control over the form of XML documents that are generated.
- Produces symbolic debugging information, which can be read by any standard AIX debugger.
- Lets you debug applications that are written in C, C++, COBOL and PL/I from your workstation.
- Allows you to monitor variables, registers, memory, call stacks and other elements.
- Provides source compatibility and data management utilities to reduce the barriers and minimize the risks of porting from other PL/I implementations.
- Provides file and source compatibility with IBM Enterprise PL/I for z/OS®.
PL/I for AIX resources
- PL/I for AIX documentation library
See the collection of announcement letters and product documentation for PL/I for AIX.
- IBM PL/I Café Community & Forum
You can find the latest technical and business information, and educational information about PL/I and related z/OS and AIX topics including IMS, CICS, and Rational Developer for System z.
- Data sheet: PL/I for AIX
Learn more about the functionality, advantages and capabilities of PL/I for AIX.
- Rational RFE community
Using the Request for Enhancement (RFE) Community, you can collaborate directly with the IBM product development teams and other product users.