Replicate information between heterogeneous data stores
IBM® InfoSphere® Data Replication is a data replication platform that is easy to use, highly scalable and enterprise ready. It can provide trusted data synchronization (including change data capture capabilities) to replicate information between heterogeneous data stores in near real time. The software provides replication with transactional integrity to support big data integration, continuous availability, consolidation, warehousing, and business analytics initiatives. It also supports zero-downtime migrations and upgrades.
InfoSphere Data Replication provides:
- Faster, simpler data replication that maintains transactional integrity and consistency for enterprise data volumes.
- Centralized, easier-to-use platform that helps simplify deployment and data integration processes.
- Support for heterogeneous data that moves information, at a lower cost, between a wide range of systems and data sources.
Faster, simpler data replication
- Delivers scalable, low-latency replication with transactional integrity.
- Offers data replication for active-active databases and high availability.
- Provides automatic replication of the IBM DB2® data definition language (DDL) such as create and drop table, alter data type and add column.
- Offers conflict detection and resolution to support data changes made to multiple databases.
- Reduces batch windows by providing continuous delivery of changed data into target systems.
Centralized, easier-to-use platform
- Provides a GUI to help enable faster deployment of data integration processes.
- Enables zero-download database migrations and application upgrades.
- Offers full monitoring capabilities to increase visibility into the health and performance of the replication environment.
- Supports flexible implementation to enable one-way, two-way, many-to-one, and one-to-many delivery of data.
Support for heterogeneous data
- Supports a variety of heterogeneous source and target databases including DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows.
- Integrates with IBM InfoSphere DataStage® to provide changed data feeds to extract, transform and load (ETL) processes.
- Supports service-oriented architectures (SOAs) by packaging data transactions into XML documents or delimited formats for use with messaging middleware such as IBM WebSphere® MQ.
- Combines with IBM InfoSphere Data Replication for DB2 for z/OS® to replicate heterogeneous data to and from IBM DB2 for z/OS.