Optimize DB2 for z/OS data warehouses at a lower cost
IBM® InfoSphere® Warehouse on System z® provides a scalable, resilient and cost-effective way to optimize an IBM DB2® for z/OS® data warehouse. It is part of a comprehensive IBM Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence solution for IBM System z.
InfoSphere Warehouse on System z:
- Reduces operational complexity through deployment of both operational and warehouse data on a single platform. This helps reduce the cost of data movement, data compliance and security.
- Provides data transformation with extract, transform and load. This eliminates the need to export the data to different environments, which reduces data latency.
- Extends the ability to perform root cause analysis of multidimensional data using online analytical processing. It extends the size of cubes and the ability to join cubes.
- Significantly improves query performance with Multidimensional Expression language query support for a wide range of business tools. These include IBM Cognos®, IBM Query Management Facility™, Microsoft Excel and other business tools.
- Makes the most of System z advantages including hardware-based data compression, workload management, and high availability through data sharing and strong connectivity between z/OS and Linux.
InfoSphere Warehouse on System z resources