Integrate disparate data sources into a single virtual view
IBM® InfoSphere® Federation Server creates a consolidated view of your data to support key business processes and decisions.
Access and integrate diverse data and content sources as if they were a single resource - regardless of where the information resides.
- Combine data from disparate sources such as DB2, Oracle, and SQL Server into a single virtual view
- Access, join, and manipulate data of different formats such as relational, mainframe, and XML from the same interface
- Extend your data visualization solution by adding InfoSphere Information Services Director to provide reusable services for Information as a Service and SOA
- Interface with standard SQL tools, development environments, portals and other standard IT infrastructure components
- Incorporate data from multiple sources such as up-to-the-minute inventory, sales, and customer information into reports and analytics with a single query
- Insert, delete, or update multiple data sources simultaneously no matter where the information is located
- Implement security policies throughout the unified view of the enterprise
- Enable hybrid data warehousing by combining data replication and data federation. Frequently used data is replicated into the warehouse. The warehouse’s reach is then extended with data federation
- Extend DB2 pureScale to be a federated database server. This lets all data sharing members process federated SQL