Replicate data between DB2 databases on System z
IBM® InfoSphere® Change Data Capture for z/OS® replicates data from IBM DB2® for z/OS in near real time to support business analytics, dynamic warehousing, application management, master data management (MDM) and service-oriented architecture (SOA) initiatives. The software is now part of IBM InfoSphere Data Replication for DB2 for z/OS. It supports enterprise data volumes while maintaining transactional integrity and consistency.
InfoSphere Change Data Capture for z/OS provides:
- Low impact data capture—captures changed data directly from database logs rather than querying the database.
- Flexible, simplified data delivery—to provide high throughput of information throughout the enterprise.
- Integration with IBM and other systems—to enhance existing platforms and support broader information management processes.
Low impact data capture
- Uses native log-based technology to capture changed data with minimal impact on IBM z/OS source applications.
- Uses peer-to-peer architecture and native support for TCP/IP to deliver direct database connectivity.
- Monitors systems on z/OS for specific transactions, and can package the information as a single XML message to target a specific message queue.
- Helps eliminate batch windows by providing continuous extract, transform and load (ETL) of data into target systems.
- Requires no data staging or gateway technologies.
Flexible, simplified data delivery
- Provides monitoring capabilities to accelerate troubleshooting.
- Uses graphs to provide visual representations of throughput and latency, enabling a quicker assessment of health and status of the environment.
- Enables unidirectional, bidirectional, many-to-one and one-to-many delivery of data.
- Uses live audit capability to provide a history of changes made to source tables.
Integration with IBM and other systems
- Supports SOAs by packaging data transactions into XML documents and delivering to messaging middleware such as IBM WebSphere® MQ.
- Integrates with IBM InfoSphere Change Data Capture, which is now part of IBM InfoSphere Data Replication, to provide broad database and operating system support for both distributed and IBM System z® environments.
- Supports IBM DB2, IBM i, IBM Informix®, Oracle, Sybase, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM IMS™ and Teradata databases. Also supports flat file integration.