IBM InfoSphere Business Glossary enables users to create, manage & share an enterprise vocabulary and classification system.
Create and manage a controlled vocabulary that enables a common language between business and IT.
- A dedicated, Web-based user interface for creating, managing, and sharing a controlled vocabulary is provided. Terms represent the major information concepts in your enterprise. Categories are used to organize these terms into hierarchies.
- Using the functionality of IBM InfoSphere Information Server for System z, administrators can import stewards profiles from external sources, create and edit profiles in the web interface, and create relationships of responsibility between stewards and business terms or any of the artifacts managed by IBM InfoSphere Information Server for System z
- Needs around business metadata tend to differ from one enterprise to the next. For this reason, there is no "one size fits all" meta-model. In addition to being able to customize the entry page to the application, administrators can extend the application with custom attributes on both business categories and business terms.
- It is not enough to simply document business metadata. This information must be alive in the enterprise, with open access to all. It also provides a collaborative environment in which users can organically grow this important information asset.
- Operating systems supported: Linux
The business value of a business glossary