Host connectivity and emulation through local clients or the web
IBM® Host Access Client Package enables you to access host applications through a local client or the web. It offers a migration path from traditional emulation to browser-based emulation, and supports TN5250, TN3270E, VT52/100/220/420 and IBM CICS® (Customer Information Control System) applications. Host Access Client Package includes two functionally rich products in a single package: IBM Personal Communications for traditional emulation and IBM Rational® Host On-Demand for Java® emulation.
With Host Access Client Package, you can use your existing investments to gain competitive advantage.
- Delivers two powerful applications in one package to give you flexible access to host applications for multiple types of users.
- IBM PCOMM V12 Bundles a Standalone HOD emulator. Being Java based makes it platform independent and thus this emulator client can be run on all the HOD Client supported platforms.
- IBM Host Integration License Manager, a Centralized, Web based licensing system capable of counting the licenses of both HOD and PCOMM simultaneously. Logs more detailed information about the clients (example – Product, sub client (what flavor of the product), IP address, Mac Address, machine name, system username along with the license check-in time stamp
- Provides flexible host access to traditional users, while also providing web access to remote and mobile users.
- Supports multiple host platforms, technologies and protocols.
- Provides market-leading tools so you can take advantage of your existing investments.
Delivers two powerful applications in one package
- Personal Communications is a Microsoft® Windows® emulator that provides access to host applications and data.
- Rational Host On-Demand provides secure, browser access to host applications and data with browser-based emulation.
- Simplified licensing of one price per user gives you a faster return on investment.
Provides flexible host access
- Addresses the needs of traditional power users and provides web access to mobile employees or business partners.
- Provides thin client technology to distribute host access capability to remote users, as well as users in intranet and extranet environments.
- Offers application programming interface (API) support for customized host access.
Supports multiple host platforms
- Enables access to applications and data residing on IBM i, IBM System z®, and DEC UNIX® virtual terminal hosts for traditional web users in systems network architecture (SNA) and intranet environments.
- Supports VT52, VT100, VT220, VT420, SNA, advanced program-to-program communications (APPC), High-Performance Routing (HPR), FTP and other related technologies.
Provides market-leading tools
- Includes a rich Java toolset to help you rapidly create web-based host-access applications for your host systems.
- Solves the problem of transporting SNA applications over an IP network with SNA over IP capabilities.
- Provides multiple security options for host access, including support for Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), Transport Layer Security (TLS) and a secure FTP client.
Host Access Client Package resources