Driving results with business networks
The people network
On a smarter planet, inter-connectivity goes beyond connecting computers and smart devices. The advance of Web 2.0 and social networking technologies has now shifted the focus to people networks: It's as much about and relationships as it is about the technologies.
People are using social networking in staggering numbers. The world currently spends 110 billion minutes on social networks and blog sites per month. This equates to 22 percent of all time spent online.1
Pioneering organizations see opportunity in this shift. They are integrating social collaboration capabilities into their strategies, operations, and processes. Whether it’s with customers, partners, or employees, these organizations use collaboration tools to improve efficiency, solve problems, create opportunities, boost productivity, and drive innovation that makes them more competitive and successful.
- Berlitz (US) Corporation is using portal, social networking software for business, and real-time collaboration solutions to break down traditional communication boundaries and to accelerate the development of higher quality products. 2
- Construction firm VCC (US) empowers project managers with a social collaboration solution from IBM that contributes to a 40 percent year-over-year increase in new business. 3
- Celestica (US) is an electronics manufacturer finding efficiencies through a collaborative development solution. In one case, Celestica has identified a US $40 million savings opportunity. 4
Become a people business
According to IBM, 95 percent of what are termed standout organizations will focus more on getting closer to the customer5 over the next five years and 57 percent are more likely to allow their people to use social and collaborative tools6.
It’s not a coincidence. Leading organizations are using social collaboration to delight customers, to drive innovation, and to bring out the best in their business networks and employees.
IBM has the tools and expertise to help you maximize the value of social collaboration in business environments, including profiles, blogs, wikis, bookmarking, tagging, activities, communities, shared files, team spaces with content management tools, enterprise instant messaging, online meetings, audio and video chat, email and calendaring, delivered on premises or in the cloud.
1. Nielsen News, "Social Networks/Blogs Now Account for One in Every Four and a Half Minutes Online." (US) June 15, 2010.
2. Berlitz taps intelligence of global workforce for best product quality (US), February 22, 2011
3. Leading construction company penetrates new markets (US), January 17, 2011
6. Working beyond Borders, Insights from the Global Chief Human Resource Officers Study, IBM, September 2010
Enable groups of users to work together in real time by sharing information and processes with unified communications software.
Provide people with web access to critical information and applications that are personalized to their needs.
Help employees, partners, clients, and others engage with one another anytime and anywhere, by integrating business-focused collaboration solutions, including blogs, wikis, bookmarking, communities, team spaces, content management tools, enterprise IM, online meetings, audio and video chat, email, calendaring, and other collaborative applications, delivered on premises or in the cloud.
Social software for business, letting you access everyone in your professional network
A bundle that includes IBM Connections with industry-leading IBM FileNet Content Manager
All products - Social Collaboration
- Connections Family - Overview
- Document Management - Overview
- IBM Accelerators for WebSphere Portal family - Overview
- IBM Connections Cloud - Overview
- IBM Domino Hypervisor Edition
- IBM Notes and Domino family - Overview
- Lotus Expeditor
Extended data protection and compliance across your social business platform. Try it today for 90 days.
Extend IBM Lotus Notes and Domino encryption capabilities to the Internet. Try it for free for 90 days.
How do your collaboration practices compare with organizations achieving best-in-class performance?
Learn why IBM is a leader among enterprise social platform vendors according to the Forrester Wave: Enterprise Social Platforms report
Read “The compelling returns from IBM Connections in support of social business: Five stories”
Find out why Lotus Symphony 3 is a PC Magazine Editor’s Choice for office productivity suite
Not in Sverige?
Read “The compelling returns from IBM Connections in support of social business: Five stories” Download the white paper
Discover how IBM Sametime can provide cost savings and productivity enhancements
Download “Enabling the evolution of enterprise voice andvideo collaboration”
White paper: The Future of Mail is Social
Learn about the current state of enterprise mail and the perceived and real problems surrounding its use
Read the IDC report