Automate standards testing to support compliance
IBM® Rational® TTCN Suite is an automated software testing tool for communications systems that uses the standards-based test script language, TTCN-2. With Rational TTCN Suite, you can test telecommunications and data communications equipment for compliance with telecommunications standards issued by the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) and the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
Rational TTCN Suite is used worldwide as the standard environment for compliance testing of communications systems.
- Helps improve test productivity with modern, graphical tools for editing and debugging TTCN test scripts and test suites.
- Automatically generates test suites from your specifications with the integrated simulator, which allows execution of a TTCN test suite in a host environment.
- Simplifies testing across the TCP/IP network with socket communication and standard system timer plug-ins.
- Provides a powerful encoding engine that supports the most common rule sets and allows you to create custom encoding and decoding rules.
- Enhances test integration with standardized functions that simplify integration between the TTCN test scripts and the system under test.
- Supports the full development cycle through integration with IBM Rational SDL Suite and IBM Rational DOORS®.
Helps improve test productivity
- The Rational TTCN test script editor includes an analyzer for full syntactic and static semantic checks of your test scripts.
- The test script editor includes import and export facilities to help you take advantage of numerous ready-made test suites. The editor includes test scripts for several communications protocols, including ATM, ISDN, GSM and DECT.
- The Rational TTCN Exerciser tool provides useful features such as timer simulation, an effective scripting language for regression testing, simulated observation, control points and dynamic error detection.
Automatically generates test suites
- The IBM Rational SDL and TTCN integrated simulator allows execution of a TTCN test suite in a host environment; the system under test can be either a simulated SDL system when used in conjunction with Rational SDL Suite, or a simple test management platform when used in conjunction with the TTCN integrated simulator.
- The SDL-to-TTCN Link is a central part of the Rational TTCN Suite that allows automatic test case generation from SDL specifications.
- The portability of TTCN test suites allows them to be imported into external test equipment to test the finished product.
Simplifies testing across the TCP/IP network
- Rational TTCN Suite includes the TCP/IP communication module, which is built on the Adaptation Communication Module (ACM), a framework with plug-in modules for protocols and timers.
- The TCP/IP communication module helps reduce the manual work needed to translate portable test scripts to executable code suitable for testing real systems.
Provides a powerful encoding engine
- The ASN.1 encoding and decoding feature allows you to convert ASN.1 data format into a bit stream. This utility saves time during the testing and deployment of real-time systems in mixed environments.
- The Rational TTCN ASN.1 encoding engine allows you to create custom encoding and decoding rules.
Enhances test integration
- Rational TTCN Suite follows standardized functions that integrate TTCN test scripts with the larger system, but keeps TTCN behavior separate from the protocol and specific code of the test equipment.
- Leading suppliers, such as Clemessy, HP, Tektronix, TEMEX and WG-STS, have integrated Rational TTCN Suite as the front end of their test equipment to provide turnkey solutions for editing, simulating and compiling TTCN test suites.
Supports the full development cycle
- Rational TTCN Suite is complemented with tools for editing, simulating and compiling SDL and MSC designs.
- Rational SDL Suite and Rational TTCN Suite offer a complete Rational DOORS integration to help you synchronize your work with requirements documents when new requirements are added, or if design elements have been added or deleted.
- This integration helps you trace requirements across the full development cycle from analysis to test. You can check requirements to ensure coverage by SDL designs, MSC simulation scenarios and TTCN test cases.