Manage services, applications, middleware, virtual servers and operating systems
IBM® Tivoli® Composite Application Manager for SOA Platform is integrated software for service-oriented architecture (SOA) management for services, applications and middleware. It combines in-depth services management with the management of IBM WebSphere® Application Server, IBM WebSphere MQ and IBM Message Server environments, and monitoring of virtual servers and operating systems. You gain the information you need to meet the demanding service levels required of SOA-based applications.
Tivoli Composite Application Manager for SOA Platform:
- Monitors all layers of the infrastructure—through one integrated and customizable workspace. This platform links together the information throughout layers in one interface, the IBM Tivoli Enterprise Portal. It supports heterogeneous SOA platforms, including the IBM WebSphere family, Microsoft .Net and BEA WebLogic so you can monitor composite application performance and availability.
- Provides management capabilities—for underlying infrastructure. From the service management workspace, an operator can link any of the other workspaces for messaging management, application management or server management. You gain visibility into the infrastructure, helping to deliver faster problem resolution while using the value of other management agents.
- Automates problem identification—and recommended actions to help enable faster time to resolution. This platform helps you automate SOA management and meet established service levels through built-in alerts, message meditations, situations and workflows.
Monitors all layers of the infrastructure
- Provides a graphical services summary view, which helps you see the overall health of services in your environment. You can see the near real time status of the health of your applications.
- Provides a graphical services topology tool that visualizes service flows and relationships. This helps speed and simplify identification and resolution of SOA problems by displaying service-to-service relationships including folder flow to service status and metrics.
- Provides a cross-product workspace that links to WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere MQ, IBM WebSphere Message Broker and operating systems monitors.
- Provides integrated support for IBM WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus and support for non-WebSphere environments.
- Can monitor and control service behavior non-invasively, with no application changes. Also provides IBM Tivoli Common Reporting reports.
Provides management capabilities
- Service management provides monitoring and management of the message flows at the services layer. You gain an operational understanding of services through integration with the IBM WebSphere Service Registry and Repository.
- Messaging management provides near real time status on the availability and performance of the messaging environment. It monitors the status of WebSphere MQ servers, queues, queue managers, channels and critical performance data related to WebSphere Message Broker.
- Application management provides an enterprise-scale, composite application management solution. It helps IT operators and administrators maintain availability of application resources.
- Can launch the application and messaging management components in context when problems arise at the services layer. This makes it easier to find the problem’s root cause.
- A common data model creates consistent views for diverse components to optimize your SOA management and monitoring capabilities. These include workspaces, workflows, situations and an Expert Advice knowledge base.
Automates problem identification
- Helps detect and repair problems as they happen using automated application problem detection and automated threshold learning.
- Can take action to help deliver faster time to resolution.
- Helps increase IT efficiency by helping to reduce the time and skill necessary to identify, isolate and fix problems.
Tivoli Composite Application Manager for SOA Platform resources