Automated functional testing and regression testing software
IBM Rational Functional Tester is an automated functional testing and regression testing tool. This software provides automated testing capabilities for functional, regression, GUI, and data-driven testing. Rational Function Tester supports a range of applications, such as web-based, .Net, Java, Siebel, SAP, terminal emulator-based applications, PowerBuilder, Ajax, Adobe Flex, Dojo Toolkit, GEF, Adobe PDF documents, zSeries, iSeries, and pSeries.
- Storyboard testing: Simplifies test visualization and editing using natural language and rendered screenshots.
- Automated testing: Enables testers to automate tests resilient to frequent application user interface changes with ScriptAssure technology.
- Data-driven testing: Lets you perform the same series of test actions with a varying set of test data.
- Test scripting: Combines a recorder of user actions with multiple customization options and intelligent script maintenance capabilities.
- Integrations: Integrates with IBM Rational Team Concert and IBM Rational Quality Manager to provide access to work items and logical or compound SCM test asset support.
- Rational Functional Tester provides a visual, storyboard format for representing test actions.
- Storyboard testing combines natural language test narrative with visual editing through application screenshots.
- Novice and professional testers can communicate and understand test flow and edit test actions without reading or writing test script code.
- Rational Functional Tester introduces an advanced ScriptAssure technology to accommodate frequent user interface changes and to avoid increases in maintenance overhead.
- ScriptAssure uses fuzzy matching algorithms to locate objects during test execution, even if the objects have changed since test creation.
- You can develop automation scripts that are associated with keywords.
- Keyword testing promotes script reuse and enables manual testers to use automation within manual test cycles.
- Rational Functional Tester can automatically detect data entered during test recording and prepare the test for data-driven testing.
- Using a spreadsheet-like data editor, you can create customized data sets to be used by the test during playback.
- Rational Functional Tester manages validation of dynamic data with multiple verification points and support for regular expression pattern matching.
- Rational Functional Tester gives you a choice between either Java or Visual Basic .NET; testers using Java can work in the Eclipse Java editor, and those using Visual Basic .NET can work in Visual Studio .NET.
- Rational Functional Tester offers scripting to create, edit, and execute tests on the Linux platform, including everything except a test recorder.
- On the Windows platform, Rational Functional Tester provides all recording, editing, and execution capabilities.
- Rational Functional Tester supports automated version control to maintain multiple test sets and to enable parallel development.
- Rational Functional Tester provides IBM Jazz integration to support collaborative application lifecycle management.
- Jazz Eclipse Client integration provides Rational Functional Tester access to work items within Rational Team Concert and Rational Quality Manager.
- Enhanced SCM integration with Rational Team Concert supports the management and sharing of test assets.