Manage and maintain all server images – virtual and physical –from a single interface
IBM TPM for Images System x Edition delivers server image management with hardware independence, virtual and physical image independence, and image conversion capability.
With TPM for Images System x Edition, organizations can now optimize physical and virtual resources to reduce data center costs and administration complexity, with one single solution. The benefits are reduced hardware and operating costs with unparalleled flexibility.
Tivoli Provisioning Manager for Images System x Edition
|Features||Advantages||Advantages & Benefits|
|Manage and maintain all of your images from a single interface||- Unified physical and virtual image management from a single interface.
- Discover, capture, store and deploy virtual images and physical server images from a single repository.
|- Streamline operating system (OS) provisioning and virtual image management regardless of hardware or virtualization technology |
- Reduce labor costs by better managing “image sprawl”
|Increase server utilization and reduce energy costs with unlimited anywhere-to-anywhere server image conversions (P2V, V2P, V2V)||- Optimize server utilization and accelerate server consolidation with image conversion capabilities (Physical-to-Virtual, Virtual-to-Physical or Virtual-to-Virtual)||- Seamless migrations between servers accelerates servers consolidation and allows for improved portability of images during the software development lifecycle (development to product or vice versa)|
|Optimized image capture, deployment and storage||- Differential image capture, and deployment for both physical and virtual images minimizes network impact and storage requirements.
- Our patented virtual image capture removes unnecessary files and defragments the image
|- Market leading technology that allows customers to reduce both the number of physical or virtual images and the storage required for them|
|Improve your agility, and flexibility||- Easy Snapshot and recovery of servers||- You can improve your agility, and flexibility through snapshot/recovery of servers with complete hardware independence|
|Hypervisor independent Image management||- Discovery of VM instances and images on different virtualization infrastructures (VMWare ESX, KVM, Hyper-V and Xen)
- Support for multiple image formats
- Consolidated view of heterogeneous physical and virtual images
|- If you have more than one hypervisor technology you can now quickly deploy a single image to any environment (VMWare ESX, KVM, Hyper-V and Xen)|
More features & Benefits…
Tivoli Provisioning Manager for Images also helps in the following ways:
Physical to Virtual (P2V)
Virtual to Physical (V2P)
Virtual to Virtual (V2V):
- Provisioning and orchestration
- IBM SmartCloud Continuous Delivery
- IBM SmartCloud Orchestrator
- IBM SmartCloud Patch Management
- Tivoli Provisioning Manager for Images System x Edition
- Tivoli Provisioning Manager for OS Deployment
- Tivoli Provisioning Manager for Software
- Tivoli Provisioning Manager
- Tivoli Provisioning Manager Express for Inventory
- Tivoli Provisioning Manager Express for Software Distribution
- Tivoli Service Automation Manager