A flexible, multi-workload database solution for the enterprise
IBM® DB2® Advanced Enterprise Server Edition provides an comprehensive database solution for the enterprise. It is the ideal multi-workload database solution that offers data warehousing, transactional and analytics capabilities in one package. Available in multiple pricing metrics, IBM DB2 Advanced Enterprise Server Edition places no restriction on processor limit or memory size. It provides storage optimization, highly reliable system availability, workload management and performance to help reduce overall database costs.
IBM DB2 Advanced Enterprise Server Edition provides:
- Optimized database storage and performance using integrated technologies such as columnar storage.
- Speed of thought analytics with BLU Acceleration and sophisticated data warehousing capabilities.
- Faster, more cost-effective queries using advanced data handling features.
- High availability and workload management capabilities for improved throughput and reduced database costs.
- Simplified database administration and development tools for easier data design, modeling, movement and transformation.
- Data access at your fingertips with IBM Mobile Database and IBM Mobile Database Synch.
Optimized database storage and performance
- Incorporates the new BLU Acceleration to exploit dynamic in-memory columnar technology and other innovations such as parallel vector processing, actionable compression and data skipping to speed processing.
- Offers database partitioning to deliver massively parallel processing using multiple partitions and servers, ideal for warehousing workload.
- Supports continuous data ingest from a variety of sources to enable more rapid and reliable decision making in near real time.
- Contains advanced workload management to optimize the handling of mixed workloads and random inputs and outputs (I/O).
- Includes InfoSphere® Optim™ Performance Manager Extended Edition to enable IT staff to identify, diagnose, solve and prevent performance problems in database and warehousing associated applications.
Speed of thought analytics
- Integrates BLU Acceleration that combines in-memory technology and columnar capabilities that deliver industry-leading storage savings and performance without the limitations and expense of in-memory–only systems.
- Provides integrated online analytical processing (OLAP) cubing services to enable users to ask intuitive and ad hoc questions that require multiple perspectives on data. These services facilitate information exchange among systems, allowing users to link multiple business variables to perform deeper analysis.
- Offers data mining capabilities to support standard data mining models, including clustering, associations, classification and prediction. Enables drag-and-drop data mining model development through the Design Studio tool.
- Contains reporting and analysis capabilities from IBM Cognos® Business Intelligence to produce single reports that can be accessed on multiple devices, in multiple formats and in other applications and processes.
- Uses DB2 Time Travel Query to deliver native temporal support and lend the temporal infrastructure for time-aware analytics. This helps aid audit and compliance mandates by enabling analysis on data at various points in time.
- Includes InfoSphere Warehouse Packs, which contain sample reports for specific business issues. These pre-built packs help users gain business insights faster and more cost effectively than with custom data warehouse projects.
Faster, more cost-effective queries
- Provides multidimensional clustering (MDC) to continuously and automatically cluster table data in multiple dimensions. This improves query performance by reducing I/O requirements.
- Utilizes materialized query tables (MQTs) to improve the performance of repeatedly requested queries by caching results.
- Includes multi-temperature data management to place hot data on the fastest and most expensive solid state disks (SSDs) and place other data on less expensive storage systems.
- Uses the DB2 Workload Manager to allow administrators to prioritize queries from different users and applications and control the number of underlying resources dedicated to these processes.
High availability and workload management capabilities
- Provides a high availability disaster recovery (HADR) solution for both partial and complete site failures. Protects against data loss by replicating data changes from a source database.
- Leverages DB2 pureScale® reliability for always available transactions. When coupled with HADR, it further mitigates the impact of unplanned outages.
- Offers SQL compatibility features to help reduce the cost and risk of migrating legacy Oracle database applications to DB2.
- Uses adaptive compression technology to significantly reduce the need for table reorganization and overall data maintenance for further cost savings and performance improvements.
Simplified database administration and development tools
- Enables users to design, model, reverse engineer and validate physical database schemas using Design Studio.
- Supports data movement and transformation through the SQL Warehousing Tool (SQW), a part of Design Studio, to generate SQL for warehouse maintenance and administration.
- Includes InfoSphere Data Architect, a collaborative data design tool that can discover, model, visualize, relate and standardize diverse and distributed data assets.
- Contains InfoSphere Optim Query Workload Tuner to help developers write more efficient SQL queries, identify query candidates and facilitate analysis of queries. Supports the analysis of single queries or query workloads to improve performance.
- Uses InfoSphere Optim Configuration Manager, a central repository designed to help IT departments manage client configurations and security, track configuration changes and balance workloads.
- Provides security capabilities using row and column access controls based on defined rules for users, groups and roles.
Data access at your fingertips
- Synchronizes data seamlessly between mobile devices and the main system with IBM Mobile Database and IBM Mobile Database Synch technology.
- Offers toolkits and database connections tools to help ensure the right data is delivered to the right mobile devices quickly and transparently.
- Includes IBM SolidDB, which is a persistent, relational in-memory database that meets performance and reliability demands of real-time applications.
DB2 Advanced Enterprise Server Edition resources
A flexible, multi-workload database solution for the enterprise
IBM Software Subscription and Support is included in the product price for the first year.
Not available to buy online. Other ways to purchase or learn more.