Manage and monitor Microsoft resources with enhanced visibility and automation
IBM® Tivoli® Composite Application Manager for Microsoft Applications provides industry-leading tools for monitoring and managing Microsoft resources, systems and applications. This software helps deliver Microsoft domain knowledge and automates resolution of common and recurring problems. Now you can improve uptime and significantly reduce mean time to resolution (MTTR).
Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Microsoft Applications:
- Centralizes management—of both Microsoft and non-Microsoft applications and infrastructures.
- Increases operator productivity—with workflow automation, near real time and historical visualization, prioritized information and context, and expert advice.
- Gives you visibility—into your system infrastructure, applications and transactions.
- Monitors systems, operating systems, applications and transactions throughout your Microsoft environment.
- Groups together all the agents you need to more effectively monitor your Microsoft applications and systems. Gives you the option of adding additional agents for non-Microsoft applications and environments, making it easier to extend the solution into heterogeneous environments.
- Includes IBM Tivoli Enterprise Portal. This desktop or browser client makes it easier for you to manage your entire environment with a single common user interface.
Increases operator productivity
- Links to the Microsoft Knowledge Base with detailed explanations of incidents and problems, along with recommendations for solving them. This helps operators take the most appropriate actions, makes solutions more repeatable and speeds problem resolution.
- Uses workflow automation to help manage recurring problems. Operators can build and deploy intelligent, preemptive and nearly error-free workflows that can be executed manually (by help desk) or automatically based on situational events.
- Helps you minimize false alerts and intelligently manage your Microsoft environment by providing situations. Situations are a combination of metrics and thresholds that trigger alerts to operators and automate recovery actions.
- Allows operators to define their own intelligent alerts using the situation editor. Alerts can be based on severity, granularity, destination and thresholds.
- Includes built-in “take action” options for best practice responses to individual situations. Also captures local best practices for unique situations and executes them preemptively.
Gives you visibility
- Agents give you insight into optimizing resource consumption and reducing data center costs.
- The included Tivoli Enterprise Portal consolidates all data regardless of the data source. It provides a single view of near real time, historical and predictive information. It also helps identify unexpected and potential problems.
- Centralized network visibility gives all members of various teams one central view. It helps them to solve complex problems and gain better insight into the service infrastructure.
Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Microsoft Applications resources