Improve productivity, reuse and consistency with software visualization
Starting at USD $618.00
IBM® Rational® Rhapsody® Architect for Software is an integrated development environment (IDE) for embedded software. Develop applications visually using industry-standard Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams. The visual programming environment integrates design and development functions, and facilitates team collaboration for better and faster results.
Rational Rhapsody Architect for Software helps you rapidly move from design to implementation.
- Visual software development—lets you visualize architecture and design with industry-standard UML diagrams.
- Embedded software engineering—moves you from design to implementation with real-time, automated, embedded software engineering.
- Team collaboration—helps you collaborate using model-based differencing and merging features including integration with IBM Rational Team Concert™.
- Requirements traceability—trace design to requirements to help you comply with standards such as DO-178B, ISO-26262 or IEC 61508.
- Lifecycle support and add-on software—integrates with other IBM Rational products for full product lifecycle development. Plus, you can extend the functionality of Rational Rhapsody Architect for Software with optional add-on software products.
Visual software development
- Enables you to develop embedded software using UML diagrams or a traditional code editor to generate code.
- Imports existing code into the modeling environment for further development.
- Helps maintain consistency of architecture, design, code and documentation automatically.
Embedded software engineering
- Rational Rhapsody Architect for Software generates C, C++, and Java® code frames to engineer the structure and architecture of your design.
- Using code frames, you can add detailed coding to either a model or the code. The Rational application synchronizes the changes for consistent data.
- The Modeling and Analysis of Real-Time Embedded systems (MARTE) profile helps you model real-time performance and analyze design bottlenecks.
- You can use IBM Rational Design Manager to share and review designs and trace to lifecycle artifacts using OSLC.
- Graphical model comparisons and merging of model elements enable teams to work in parallel.
- The software integrates with Rational Team Concert, IBM Rational ClearCase® and other IDEs based on the Eclipse platform.
- Models developed in Rational Rhapsody Architect for Software can be imported to Rational Rhapsody Developer editions for early design validation and testing.
- Provides full requirements traceability from the design back to the requirements.
- Exports traceability information to IBM Rational DOORS® or IBM Rational RequisitePro® for further analysis.
- Inserts requirements information into the code to assist traceability in the final implementation.
- Provides a parametric constraint solver for SysML parametric diagrams. This facilitates trade study analysis and architectural trade-offs.
- Provides static model checking analysis. This helps improve model consistency and model completeness.
- Performs coverage analysis using the IBM Rational Rhapsody Gateway feature. This feature is included with the optional IBM Rational Rhapsody Tools and Utilities Add On software.
Lifecycle support and add-on software
- Rational Rhapsody Architect for Software integrates with IBM Rational products—such as Rational DOORS, Rational Systems Architect, Rational Team Concert, Rational ClearCase and others—for full product lifecycle development.
- IBM Rational Rhapsody Tools and Utilities Add On software provides customizable, template-based documentation. It includes IBM Rational Rhapsody Gateway, which delivers an advanced interface to requirements management tools such as Rational DOORS, Rational RequisitePro and other requirements authoring tools.
- IBM Rational Rhapsody TestConductor Add On software provides a code-based test generation and validation suite for real-time embedded applications.
- IBM Rational Rhapsody for DoDAF, MODAF, and UPDM Add On software enables you to create US Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), British Ministry of Defense Architectural Framework (MODAF) and Unified Profile for DoDAF/MODAF (UPDM) artifacts.