Planning, budgeting, forecasting, analysis and scorecarding software
IBM Cognos® TM1® is an enterprise planning software platform that can transform your entire planning cycle, from target setting and budgeting to reporting, scorecarding, analysis and forecasting. Available as an on-premise or on-cloud solution, and with extensive mobile capabilities, Cognos TM1 enables you to collaborate on plans, budgets and forecasts. You can analyze data, and create models – including profitability models – to reflect a constantly evolving business environment. In addition, integrated scorecards and strategy management capabilities help you monitor performance metrics and align resources and initiatives with corporate objectives and market events.
- Powerful planning and analysis – Create and analyze sophisticated plans, budgets and forecasts, even those based on large data sets.
- Integrated scorecards and strategy management – Model metrics to measure progress toward objectives and link them dynamically to actions and forecasts.
- Flexible modeling – Develop and deploy even the most complex planning and analysis models using a guided modeling environment.
- Engagement with more users – Engage users from across the organization in high-participation planning and collaborate with remote and distributed users through a range of mobile devices, including the Apple iPad.
- Cloud-based deployment option – Provide all the functionality of the on-premise solution with optional cloud-based deployment.
Powerful planning and analysis
- Support driver-based plans and rolling forecasts; link plans together for a cohesive view of all functions, departments and geographies.
- Perform complex cost allocations and profitability analysis to identify the most profitable products, customers, markets and sales channels.
- Execute planning tasks through a personal workspace, connected to the broader enterprise – aggregated results are available to higher levels instantly.
- Dramatically improve query execution times with multi-threaded queries that calculate multiple streams of results in parallel.
- Analyze large, frequently changing data sets organized into complex models using a multidimensional, 64-bit, in-memory OLAP engine.
Integrated scorecards and strategy management
- Add metrics and scorecards to every contributor’s workspace.
- Model and measure key performance indicators (KPIs) in the same environment used for planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Ensure that strategic plans and measurement systems align capital with business opportunities.
- Create highly visual scorecards that include interactive impact diagrams, Balanced Scorecards and custom diagrams.
- Adopt model design and data access to fit your specific business processes; format input templates for flexibility and ease of use.
- Create personalized scenarios to explore an unlimited number of alternatives so individuals, teams and departments can respond quickly to changing business conditions.
- Easily monitor performance metrics for one or more planning servers from a single control panel.
Engagement with more users
- Engage remote and distributed users through a range of mobile devices, including the Apple iPad.
- Contribute to plans from any location. Users can review the status of plans and enter and submit plan values; managers can review, approve or reject contributions remotely.
- Choose the interface best suited to your users: Cognos Analysis for Excel, Cognos TM1 Web, Cognos Insight or Cognos TM1 Contributor.
- Scale to thousands of participants to support top-down and bottom-up planning budgeting, and forecasting.
Cloud-based deployment option
- Choose from on-premise or on-cloud deployment as the best delivery mechanism for your unique corporate environment—without sacrificing capabilities or limiting future deployment options.
- Choose from centralized or distributed planning deployments to support a wide range of users, locations, environments and work profiles, including offline use.
- Allow contribution by remote users and integration with on-premise data sources.