Add mainframe security administration capabilities to CICS environments
IBM® Security zSecure™ CICS® Toolkit adds mainframe administration capabilities, such as password resets and authorization management, to the CICS environment. It provides the flexibility to distribute security authorization management through CICS transactions for use by local administration.
IBM Security zSecure CICS Toolkit:
- Boosts productivity of CICS security administrators by decentralizing basic IBM Resource Access Control Facility (RACF®) security commands to IBM CICS terminals.
- Extends security controls and security administration of CICS applications to RACF through a sophisticated API.
- Shows only those functions and options that are delegated to your users through the toolkit's interface.
Boosts productivity of CICS security administrators
- Administrators can select and manage security functions without requiring in-depth RACF training.
- Administrators can quickly issue commands through a user-friendly menu for functions like password resets.
- Application programmers do not need to know the RACF database or its layout to create customized RACF security management applications.
- Security administrators are unburdened of routine tasks to increase productivity and service levels in the field.
Extends security controls and security administration of CICS applications to RACF
- Customize security screens by using the API, which can be contacted by any CICS program with a standard CICS command area.
- Perform resource access checks on more than 2,000 resources.
- Support security of legacy applications by using the API to centralize—in the RACF database—the security of applications built for CICS.
- Maintain RACF security through ease-of-use features and granular control.
Shows only those functions and options that are delegated to your users
- Extend selected, basic administrative privileges to field administrators.
- Maintain control over the types of commands that distributed users can execute.
IBM Security zSecure CICS Toolkit