Custom workflow applications for consistent business processes
IBM® Lotus® Workflow is an application development tool that extends the workflow capabilities of IBM Domino® to automate repetitive tasks. This software is used to create and deploy customized workflow applications that manage and monitor your company’s business processes. Custom workflow applications result in fewer processing errors and more consistent work quality.
Lotus Workflow features help you to:
- Perform business processes more quickly and accurately with clear, automated steps.
- Track work as it moves through your organization for the latest information about current jobs.
- Use simple, flexible development tools to create and deploy custom workflow applications.
Perform business processes more quickly and accurately
- Specify and deploy steps that automate business processes to improve employee response times and reduce errors.
- Use routing rules, role assignment, deadline handling and other task automation to manage complex processes efficiently.
- Design structured procedures with multiple levels of approvals and automatic manager notifications for important checkpoints.
- Perform manual processes more consistently, using predefined and documented procedures that can be quickly updated to meet changing business needs.
- Access workflow applications through the Internet, intranet or extranet using the security-rich IBM Domino environment.
Track work as it moves through your organization
- See work assignments in a flow diagram that shows the status and context of a current job.
- Manage documents electronically to eliminate manual paper processes that are often slow or error prone.
- Plan, schedule, track, monitor and archive your document-based work and projects using consistent procedures.
- Sort your work by priority or due date to do the most important or time-sensitive tasks first.
Use simple, flexible development tools
- Create applications using graphical design tools, reusable object libraries, built-in workflow logic, directory tools and web-enhanced application programming interface toolkits.
- Deploy workflow applications throughout the enterprise and quickly modify complex processes as they evolve.
- Share discussion threads, email messages and IBM Notes® databases through integration with IBM Notes environments.
- Get instant messaging capabilities through integration with IBM Sametime®.
- Support and maintain mission-critical workflow applications with speed and security.