Connect IBM z/OS systems with WebSphere MQ messaging
IBM® WebSphere® MQ for z/OS® connects your mainframe applications with an IBM WebSphere MQ server to transport messages and data using a single, universal messaging backbone. It integrates mainframe messaging capabilities with a broad range of computing platforms, business applications, cloud, mobile and communications protocols. WebSphere MQ for z/OS offers security-rich message delivery for your mainframe environment.
WebSphere MQ for z/OS Value Unit Edition is now available with a one-time charge (OTC) pricing option for qualified IBM System z® New Application License Charge (zNALC) logical partitions (LPARs).
WebSphere MQ for z/OS features:
- Versatile messaging integration for z/OS systems that connects IBM System z® environments with your company’s WebSphere MQ messaging backbone.
- High-performance, mainframe message processing that delivers data with speed and reliability.
- Assured message delivery with security-rich services that produce high-quality results.
- Administrative features that simplify messaging management.
- Open standards development tools that support extensibility and business growth.
Versatile messaging integration for z/OS systems
- Extend your messaging middleware solution to include integration with z/OS systems.
- Integrate your messaging backbone with any mix of heterogeneous applications using varied programming languages and communication protocols with support for more than 80 platform configurations, including native z/OS, IBM CICS®, IBM IMS™, IBM DB2®, Microsoft .NET and Java 2 Platform Enterprise Edition (J2EE) environments.
- Use enhanced WebSphere MQ clients for increased messaging throughput and system availability.
- Work with language-independent commands that do not require communications programming knowledge.
- Use the same integration infrastructure to work with messages, files, web services, mobile devices and mainframe computers.
High-performance, mainframe message processing
- Integrates publish-and-subscribe support with the WebSphere MQ for z/OS queue manager.
- Takes advantage of enhanced Java message service (JMS) performance.
- Uses shared message data sets (SMDS) to offload sysplex shared messages for improved performance and control.
- Extends integration with IMS to provide higher availability to applications, improved transaction expiration and enhanced resource monitoring.
- Provides enhanced integration with CICS for improved queue sharing group processes.
Assured message delivery with security-rich services
- Sign messages digitally to deliver tamper-proof messages.
- Deliver information synchronously or asynchronously.
- Transport messages as a single, complete transaction to deliver one-time-only data exchange.
- Support secure sockets layer (SSL) and transport layer security (TLS) protocols for authentication, integrity checking and encryption of data.
- Strengthen compliance with security policies through the use of end-to-end encryption, secure configurations and audit reporting.
- Take advantage of the integrated capabilities of IBM WebSphere MQ File Transfer Edition and IBM WebSphere Advanced Message Security directly within the WebSphere MQ server.
- Get a dashboard view of enterprise messaging traffic to quickly gain insight into messaging operations and infrastructure.
- Configure your setup to deliver a less-robust quality of service that can increase performance.
- Send and receive messages even when applications fail or networks are down.
- Simplify application integration tasks by using a functionally rich application development interface.
Open standards development tools
- Configure and manage individual aspects of your WebSphere MQ implementation using WebSphere MQ Explorer.
- Support remote graphical configuration of Java message service (JMS) and publish-and-subscribe messaging for enhanced ease of use.
- Enable devices such as smartphones, remote sensors, smart meters and radio frequency identification (RFID) tags.
- Use extended verbs and behaviors with the message queue interface (MQI) for improved developer productivity.
- Create a richer, Web 2.0 user experience by connecting HTTP applications with the WebSphere MQ messaging backbone.
WebSphere MQ for z/OS resources