The Source-to-Consumer Era:
Best-in-Class Commerce Integrates Order
Fulfillment, Inventory and Supply Chain
Download the Aberdeen Group analyst report
Optimize warehouse management processes across complex distribution networks
IBM® Sterling Warehouse Management System (Sterling WMS) optimizes complex distribution networks by enabling central management of inventory, labor and processes across multiple warehouse facilities.
Sterling Warehouse Management System enables you to:
- Manage inbound receiving processes by planning and balancing resources to meet specific customer, product and facility requirements.
- Coordinate wide-ranging order fulfillment processes including order release, shipment routing, the grouping of shipments, wave planning and shipping.
- Manage and allocate inventory across warehouse locations with true multi-tenant capabilities based on criteria that includes client, customer, lot, serial number, shelf life and customer-defined attributes.
- Respond rapidly to customer-specific, value-added services requests driven by work orders. This helps manage the quantity of work performed, the inventory required and tasks associated with individual work orders.
Manage inbound receiving processes
- Gain thorough global visibility into your inbound shipments and track received inventory against purchase orders (POs), advanced shipment notifications (ASNs)and blind receipts.
- Configure putaway execution as system directed or ad hoc product diversions for quality assurance, CubiScan® and other activities.
- Take advantage of cross-docking opportunities.
- Establish and measure labor standards and performance.
- Provide condition-based processing for returns management.
Coordinate wide-ranging order fulfillment processes
- Plan shipments to meet user-defined and economic shipping parameters.
- Configure shipment grouping, wave planning and release schedule processes.
- Support batch, order and item pick processes.
- Perform order pick tasks using paper, radio frequency (RF), material handling equipment (MHE) or voice technology.
- Provide integrated parcel shipping capabilities with full delivery service and option support for major carriers.
Manage and allocate inventory across warehouse locations
- Manage inventory centrally though a single global view across your distribution network.
- Optimize use of warehouse space and assets with true multi-tenant support.
- Enable advanced capabilities such as activity tracking and consigned inventory in all or selected warehouses in the network.
- Maintain your inventory accuracy with cycle and physical count.
- On-boards new warehouses and clients rapidly to help speed the implementation of startups and reduce total cost of ownership.
Respond rapidly to customer-specific, value-added services requests
- Create and manage work orders across facilities to satisfy customers' unique fulfillment requests based on demand or to stock in anticipation of demand.
- Track pre-pack and work order kits as unique inventory.
- Manage light manufacturing operations, as well as cross-facility and multi-step processes.
- Enhance visibility into costs associated with value-added services related to work orders.
- Generate more revenue from value-added service operations and capture labor and costs associated with work orders.
Inbound order console screen
Order details screen that shows the order header and lines.
High-speed data entry screen for receiving to scan receipt details.
Outbound shipment console
Summary shipment information on outbound shipment list screen with drill down to shipment detail screen.
Resource plan summary shows capacity and demand of warehouse resources.
Visibility into status of warehouse activity, including at-risk tasks.
Value-added services station
Work order details screen shows work order activities and kit components.
Sterling Order Management