Improve infrastructure efficiency and performance with application virtualization technology
IBM WebSphere Virtual Enterprise software is designed to virtualize enterprise applications and services across the IT infrastructure. By removing application dependencies on their physical architecture, organizations gain flexibility and agility.
WebSphere Virtual Enterprise also helps organizations manage mixed application server environments more efficiently and supports a variety of WebSphere products, including WebSphere Application Server and other application servers.
WebSphere Virtual Enterprise delivers a high-performance enterprise infrastructure with these valuable benefits:
- Leverage application virtualization to increase infrastructure agility.
- Dynamically manage workloads with the ability to change application footprints on demand.
- Ensure business process integrity with improved service and application performance.
- Reduce operational and energy costs with better utilization and management of application servers.
- Integrate usage logs with accounting and generate performance reports.
Increase infrastructure agility
- Increase availability, scalability and performance of your infrastructure with application virtualization.
- Dynamically manage low priority requests when servers are congested, improving the availability of high-use applications such as WebSphere Portal.
- Compatibility with other server virtualization technologies, such as IBM PowerVM and VMware ESX Server, extends the value of virtualization.
- Combine with physical server virtualization technologies to increase resilience and manageability. Take advantage of cost savings from server consolidation to expand into new markets and deliver innovative services.
Dynamically manage workloads
- Manage the application infrastructure intelligently with policies. Application server resources are routed to the highest priority applications during peak periods.
- Health management capabilities quickly identify problems and attempt fixes with predefined actions, or reroute the work to another virtual machine.
- Helps ensure optimization goals are met throughout all virtual machines in the infrastructure.
Ensure business process integrity
- Allows the infrastructure to dynamically adapt and respond to business needs. Work is routed to the application server best suited to handle it.
- Monitors applications to ensure they are meeting service-level agreements.
- Supports intelligent routing to multiple versions of applications.
Reduce operational and energy costs
- Improved server utilization and energy efficiency reduces the consumption of key resources. Hardware and energy cost savings average 25 to 40 percent.
- New applications and services can be provisioned more quickly with reclaimed server capacity.
- Application health conditions are monitored in real time and alerts notify the administrator of any problems, reducing the cost of maintenance and outages.
- Upgrades can be performed without interruption, reducing downtime.
Track workload and usage information
- Integrate usage data logs with accounting and chargeback systems.
- Generate customized or prepackaged reports that provide historical data on trends and performance.
WebSphere Virtual Enterprise resources