Application deployment automation
IBM® UrbanCode Deploy orchestrates and automates the deployment of applications, middleware configurations and database changes into development, test and production environments. This software enables your team to deploy as often as needed—on demand or on a schedule, and with self-service. UrbanCode Deploy can help your team to accelerate their time to market, drive down costs and reduce risk.
UrbanCode Deploy features:
- Deployment process automation—create automated deployment processes using the graphical editor; run processes on thousands of machines simultaneously.
- Environment and configuration management—use powerful management features that permit configuration-only and traditional code-and-configuration deployments.
- Artifact repository—store deployment artifacts more securely to enable traceability.
- Middleware configuration management—detect IBM WebSphere® Application Server configurations.
- Security, approvals and notifications—customize user permissions, define entrance criteria for environments, and inform stakeholders of deployment actions.
Deployment process automation
- Use the UrbanCode Deploy graphical editor to create models of the deployment process, replacing manual steps and nonstandard scripts. No programming is required.
- Create processes of any complexity, assign them to deployment environments and execute them more reliably.
- Orchestrate how multiple components of an application will be deployed by capturing their dependencies and coordinating an optimal deployment sequence.
- Use hundreds of integration steps for middleware, change management databases, load-balancers, monitoring tools and more.
Environment and configuration management
- Manage deployment target features such as roles, permissions and approvals with built-in tools.
- Deploy the same application and configure it across multiple environments without changing the deployment process; test the deployment process with the application.
- Store different configuration settings for each target and enable configuration-only or traditional code-and-configuration deployments, while reusing the same application process across multiple environments.
- Provide more secure storage for files that have been deployed or that require deployment.
- Help ensure that artifacts are traceable and that the same files are deployed from environment to environment.
- Use customizable file cleanup rules to save disk space while retaining the files deployed to production.
- Integrate your existing repositories, such as IBM Rational® Asset Manager, for an added layer of traceability.
Middleware configuration management
- Detect WebSphere Application Server automatically, and create corresponding resources on the UrbanCode Deploy server.
- Import WebSphere Application Server cell and cluster configurations, and generate a template that is stored as an UrbanCode Deploy component.
- Assemble UrbanCode Deploy applications that contain WebSphere Application Server cell or cluster configuration templates, and deploy them to automate and promote across environments.
Security, approvals and notifications
- Provide a customizable permission system for your users and more secure transport of your deployment artifacts.
- Use approval gates to verify the quality of an application before it is promoted to the next environment.
- Create the desired level of information flow using flexible notification schemes, templates and reporting options.
- Track user activity (who, what, where) with control and audit capabilities that build a full history of an application deployment.
IBM UrbanCode Deploy resources
Application deployment automation
IBM Software Subscription and Support is included in the product price for the first year.
Download software online after purchase - no shipping costs.