What is IBM UrbanCode Deploy?
IBM® UrbanCode™ Deploy orchestrates and automates application deployments, middleware configurations and database changes to on-premises or cloud-based development, test and production environments. Your team can deploy as often as needed—on demand or on schedule, with security-rich, self-service release management. Whether you require on-premises or as-a-service, IBM UrbanCode Deploy helps you accelerate your time to market, drive down deployment costs, reduce risks and achieve continuous delivery.
What are the benefits of IBM UrbanCode Deploy?
Manage deployments to distributed data centers, clouds and virtualized environments.
- Integrate IBM UrbanCode Deploy into your delivery pipeline and avoid re-architecting your toolchain with over 130 plugins for development, testing, infrastructure and cloud—such as the new Jenkins Pipeline and VMware vRealize Automation plugins.
- Create models of the deployment process with an easy-to-use graphical process editor, replacing manual steps and nonstandard scripts. No programming is required.
- Create processes of any complexity, assign them to deployment environments and execute them more reliably.
- Deploy to any platform—mainframe, data center, cloud or virtualized environments. Deploy containers with control and visibility.
- Manage and participate in your deployment process from anywhere with the IBM UrbanCode mobile iOS app.
- Orchestrate how multiple components of an application will be deployed by capturing their dependencies and coordinating an optimal deployment sequence.
- Use hundreds of integration steps for middleware, change management databases, load-balancers, monitoring tools and more.
Environment and configuration management
Manage configuration-only and traditional code-and-configuration deployments, and design full-stack environment templates that can be reused in any development, test or production environment with Blueprint Designer.
- Manage deployment target features such as roles, permissions and approvals with built-in tools.
- Deploy the same application and configure it across multiple environments without changing the deployment process; test the deployment process with the application.
- Store different configuration settings for each target and enable configuration-only or traditional code-and-configuration deployments while reusing the same application process across multiple environments.
Complex deployments made simpler
Deploy to backend, mainframe or legacy systems while coordinating traditional or microservice-based application deployments to public, private or hybrid clouds like IBM Bluemix®, Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services.
- Support widely heterogeneous environments, which include plugins for Docker containers and Cloud Foundry.
- Orchestrate changes across tiers and servers.
- Provide globally distributed artifact caching for rapid deployments to thousands of servers across global data centers.
- Design, collaborate and deploy full-stack portable application blueprints to cloud using OpenStack Heat templates.
A built-in artifact repository
Benefit from the IBM UrbanCode Deploy built-in artifact repository, CodeStation, which provides more secure storage for files that have been deployed or that require deployment.
- Help ensure that artifacts are traceable and that the same files are deployed from environment to environment.
- Use customizable file cleanup rules to save disk space while retaining the files deployed to production.
- Integrate your existing repositories, such as IBM Rational® Asset Manager, for an added layer of traceability.
Middleware configuration management
Discover, deploy and manage IBM WebSphere® Application Server configurations, deploy changes and migrate from lower to higher versions.
- Detect IBM WebSphere Application Server automatically, and create corresponding resources on the IBM UrbanCode Deploy server.
- Import IBM WebSphere Application Server cell and cluster configurations, and generate a template that is stored as an IBM UrbanCode Deploy component.
- Assemble IBM UrbanCode Deploy applications that contain IBM WebSphere Application Server cell or cluster configuration templates, and deploy them to automate and promote across environments.
Security, approvals and notifications
Enable your teams to know what component versions are where, when they were deployed, and who deployed them with near real-time dashboard information and complete deployment history logs.
- Provide a customizable permission system for your users and more secure transport of your deployment artifacts.
- Use approval gates to verify the quality of an application before it is promoted to the next environment.
- Create the desired level of information flow using flexible notification schemes, templates and reporting options.
- Track user activity (who, what, where) with control and audit capabilities that build a full history of an application deployment.
Learn how IBM UrbanCode Deploy provides automated, consistent deployments and rollbacks of applications. Try it at no cost.
Get acquainted with IBM UrbanCode Deploy
Discover how to automate complex, error-prone application deployments across platforms, devices and hybrid clouds.
Application Release and Deployment for Dummies
Deliver applications more effectively by applying the methods suggested in this easy-to-follow book.
IBM UrbanCode Deploy Savings Calculator
Explore the potential savings to be achieved through deployment automation.
IBM UrbanCode Deploy
Discover how this software can help reduce risk by automating complex processes and drive down cost by improving efficiency.
Selecting a DevOps Release Management Solution
See why Ovum Decision Matrix named IBM UrbanCode a leader in this category for 2016 – 2017.
The Total Economic Impact of IBM UrbanCode Deploy
See how IBM solutions can help you achieve a 482% return on investment.
Deployment Automation Basics
See how deployment automation can help remove error-prone manual processes while gaining consistency and visibility.
The ABCs of continuous release and deploy
Learn how establishing a DevOps approach can help reduce time to customer feedback, improve governance and balance quality and cost.
Death to Manual Deployments
Learn how automating application deployments and releases can help remove errors, provide consistency and improve productivity.
Explore how this computer services company improved time to market by up to 30 percent with IBM DevOps solutions.
Discover how an insurance agency reduced software deployment times by 95 – 98 percent.
See how a company in the professional services industry saved time and money by automating code build and deployment.
Fidelity Worldwide Investment
Learn how a financial organization achieved predictable release schedules and simplified regulatory compliance.