Use mainframe attached storage for backup and to archive data
IBM Tivoli® Storage Manager for z/OS® Media provides easy access to mainframe attached storage from a Tivoli Storage Manager Server for the storage of backup and archive data.
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager provides a more scalable, reliable and cost effective solution for protecting and managing combined z/OS and distributed data. It takes advantage of your investments in FICON-attached disk and tape storage systems.
- Connector for a Tivoli Storage Manager Server running on AIX or Linux for z Systems™.
- Seamless access to mainframe attached storage systems for backup and archive data.
- Scalable to manage up to four billion data objects in a single Tivoli Storage Manager Server.
- Built-in, advanced data reduction through progressive-incremental backup; intelligent placement, movement and expiration of data; source and target data deduplication; compression; and advanced tape collocation and reclamation technologies.
- Unified recovery management across diverse locations, systems, applications and recovery objectives.
- Simplified administration through the addition of built-in reporting and monitoring, the elimination of many internal database management tasks and automatic deployment of Tivoli Storage Manager Backup/Archive client updates for most protected systems.
- Single backup server architecture reduces hardware acquisition and management costs.
- Operating system: z/OS.