An organized, systemic and defensible approach to eDiscovery
IBM® eDiscovery Identification and Collection provides insight into enterprise data to help ease the costs and efforts involved in electronic discovery (eDiscovery) response. This software helps decrease the volume of unstructured data by targeting only the most relevant information to a particular case and providing forensically sound and defensible collections.
eDiscovery Identification and Collection delivers:
- Faster access to relevant information prior to collection, giving legal and IT teams the data needed to make more informed legal decisions.
- A powerful search function that accelerates the understanding of large amounts of unstructured content and encourages organizational alignment that can lead to reduced legal risks and costs.
- Simplified analysis of large amounts of corporate electronically stored information (ESI), providing faster detailed analysis and limiting the impact on user productivity.
- Actionable intelligence that allows companies to respond more quickly to litigation with the most relevant data.
Faster access to relevant information
- Provides deep data analysis at each step of the discovery process.
- Identifies, collects and preserves active ESI on more than 75 common enterprise data sources and more than 450 file types—without disrupting users.
- Presents data through a browser-based user interface.
- Provides information that allows legal and IT teams to sort the responsive data to the smallest legally defensible data set.
- Delivers powerful analysis to pinpoint relevant data more quickly and efficiently.
A powerful search function
- Allows users to enter simple-to-complex search strings and perform searches on an arbitrary mix of full text, metadata and file attributes.
- Allows for tailored search capabilities to find responsive files within unstructured data throughout the enterprise.
- Provides a wizard so legal teams can identify data sources, data ranges, custodians and terminology while working directly with data experts to create advanced filters as necessary.
- Supports advanced search capabilities including keywords, single terms, multiple terms, Boolean operators and wildcards.
- Allows users to search file content without local application software and view documents without altering metadata attributes.
- Uses metadata to present a variety of graphical ESI perspectives for simplified and efficient analysis.
- Displays the entire contents of a data object to gain the full context of the information.
- Provides visual representations of unstructured data from various points of view including file system metadata attributes, data source location and category.
- Produces rich graphical reports that include the location of ESI and the number of responsive and relevant documents.
- Scales to the largest environments without being limited to the storage capacities associated with repositories.
- Supplies data topology and overlay hit reports so legal teams can make more informed decisions about the merits of a case prior to collection.
- Provides data filters that allow users to have more control over their data and to reduce data into smaller, more meaningful or relevant information sets.
- Allows users to copy data to a retention server or export data to more quickly and easily facilitate discovery and collection for legal review.
- Sorts files that are new or that have been modified since the last collection for a streamlined and more efficient collection process, and to make sure that the same document is not collected multiple times.
- Provides a detailed audit trail for policy activity within the system. Object metadata and ownership is preserved with the time and date an action occurred, providing a forensic history that is legally sound and defensible.
eDiscovery Identification and Collection resources
- Case study: Four global leaders (128KB)
Learn how IBM Information Lifecycle Governance solutions helped four global business leaders to apply governance best practices to structured and unstructured content for retention, optimize business processes, maximize IT infrastructure and address complex compliance requirements.