Automated data protection for SAP environments
IBM® Spectrum Protect™ for Enterprise Resource Planning (formerly IBM Tivoli® Storage Manager for Enterprise Resource Planning) protects your vital SAP system data. It provides automated data protection designed for SAP and SAP HANA environments. Now you can improve the availability of your SAP database servers and reduce your administration workload.
IBM Spectrum Protect for Enterprise Resource Planning:
- Delivers business value by protecting SAP and SAP HANA data efficiently and consistently.
- Helps increase productivity by reducing repetitive administrative tasks.
- Enables SAP certified processes for heterogeneous environments.
- Provides more efficient backup of very large SAP databases.
- Integrates with database-specific utilities of IBM DB2® for Linux, UNIX and Windows, Oracle and SAP BR*Tools.
Delivers business value
- Provides automated operation, built-in productivity aids, high performance and investment protection.
- Performs online, consistent and centralized backups to avoid downtime, protect enterprise data infrastructure and minimize operational costs.
Helps increase productivity
- Offers a browser-based central control point that provides information about data transfer performance, including bottlenecks, system backup status and detailed information on individual jobs.
- Delivers more flexibility on server maintenance tasks such as backup storage pool operations. The software allows them to be interrupted without restarting backup.
Enables SAP certified processes
- Enables SAP certified processes for large scale deployments, including large volume backups, cloning, multiple SAP database support and disaster recovery.
- Protects SAP HANA in-memory databases in just one step.
- Supports IBM Workload Optimized Solution for SAP HANA
Provides more efficient backup
- Breaks up extremely large SAP database objects into multiple smaller objects.
- Enables incremental backup of SAP on Oracle by integrating with Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN).
Integrates with database-specific utilities
- Supports database administration functions that are incorporated into SAP for Oracle databases.
- Protects SAP MaxDB environments with available service offering.