Requirements definition and management to improve project outcomes
IBM Rational Requirements Composer has been renamed to IBM Rational DOORS Next Generation.
IBM® Rational® Requirements Composer software empowers teams to define, manage and report on requirements in a lifecycle development project. This web-based application supports iterative, waterfall and agile-at-scale development methodologies using lightweight requirements processes. Now you can reduce rework and costs, accelerate time to market, and improve business outcomes.
Rational Requirements Composer helps you address:
- Requirements information lifecycle—by implementing a broad, flexible approach that enables teams to collaborate, clarify and quickly achieve consensus about requirements as they develop business-driven solutions.
- Extended team—by unifying multiple stakeholders around the world, including the customer sponsor, users, marketing, legal and compliance, finance, education, operations and the project team members themselves.
- Project lifecycle—by aligning requirements, development, change management and quality management in a comprehensive IBM collaborative lifecycle management solution.
Requirements information lifecycle
- Use intuitive online rich documents, storyboards, process diagrams, use cases and other visual techniques to capture customer needs and drive your business.
- Manage, organize and analyze requirements and their changes efficiently using attributes, collections, tags and filters in dynamic information views. You can also use out-of-the-box templates and custom reports to understand a project’s position—including requirement specification, audit history and traceability reports.
- Focus on current objectives by accessing updated information via project and user-specific views, including recent comments, requirements and artifacts. Rational Requirements Composer maintains an audit trail of artifact changes, helping teams quickly return to earlier versions of artifacts and information when necessary.
- Increase agility, customer focus and predictability with lightweight requirements practices. This more iterative project methodology can produce more customer value with less overhead.
- Use automated traceability to align work to requirements, quickly understand the implications of requirements changes and report project status. Team members can use system or custom-defined link types to manage the traceability relationship between requirements artifacts.
- Involve all stakeholders and facilitate active collaboration around the requirements. With this software, you can engage a wide range of globally distributed customers and other stakeholders in a requirements-driven development process.
- Achieve shared vision and understanding of project and program requirements. Rational Requirements Composer helps ensure everyone is looking at the same information using a method each person can understand.
- Unify teams around a common vocabulary using the integrated glossary facility. With content assistant tools, you can link to glossary terms from anywhere there is text.
- Enable new team members to become productive faster by making your requirements, business context and past discussions available online.
- Combine Rational Requirements Composer with IBM Rational Team Concert™ and Rational Quality Manager software to create a comprehensive IBM Rational collaborative lifecycle management solution.
- Coordinate your software development activities from business needs to system delivery. Rational collaborative lifecycle management provides real-time planning, lifecycle traceability, in-context collaboration, development intelligence and continuous process improvement.