Rapidly develop complex embedded systems with prototypes
IBM® Rational® Statemate® is a graphical design, simulation and prototyping solution for the rapid development of complex embedded systems. Rational Statemate helps engineers find errors early in the design lifecycle prior to final integration testing.
Rational Statemate allows you to prototype solutions for the rapid development of complex embedded systems.
- Create graphical models of complex systems including requirements, specifications and designs.
- Develop simulations to test designs early using structured Unified Modeling Language (UML) systems design and simulation tools.
- Debug errors easily with a feature-rich interface, helping to reduce overall development costs.
- Benefit from open standards on a flexible platform.
Create graphical models of complex systems
- Creates models based on standard engineering diagrams and some Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams.
- Provides data, structure and control flow diagrams. UML diagrams include use case diagrams, sequence diagrams and statecharts.
- Provides a formal model that can be simulated and automatically translated into code.
- Improves team communication among design teams and suppliers with visualization capabilities.
Develop simulations to test designs
- Provides mockup panels for both input to and output from the simulation.
- Highlights active states, functions and scenarios during simulation.
- Simulates an incomplete design, allowing the user to build the model and simulate it in an iterative top-down, bottom-up or middle-out fashion.
Debug errors easily with a feature-rich interface
- Provides all the traditional debugging features, such as waveforms, monitors and debugger windows, to analyze the specification and help ensure its behavior is correct.
- Captures the test data for further analysis and team review. Solve problems early when they are less expensive to fix.
- Allows additional input from the menu-driven interface to effectively detail the communication of the specification.
Benefit from open standards
- Enables seamless integration with leading requirements traceability and configuration management tools, using the open application programming interface (API).
- Supports Microsoft® Windows® and Oracle Solaris operating systems.