Integrated data system for operational analytics across the enterprise
IBM® PureData™ System for Operational Analytics is an expert integrated data system that leverages IBM Power Systems servers with POWER8 and IBM DB2 10.5 technology, and is designed for operational analytic workloads across the enterprise. The system offers both the simplicity of an appliance and the flexibility of a custom solution. Designed for high performance, it can handle up to 1000 concurrent operational queries.
PureData System for Operational Analytics provides the following benefits:
- Speed using parallel processing technology and other advanced capabilities.
- Simplicity for easier management and lower cost of ownership.
- Scalability up to petascale capacity
- Smart with built-in expertise and analytics to help you expertly manage database workloads at lower cost.
- Designed to provide very high throughput and concurrency.
- Increases I/O bandwidth proportionally as data modules are added.
- Offers star schema optimization to help deliver faster response times.
- Overall, performance for complex queries is 29% faster1 than the previous generation.
- A modular, flexible system design allows organizations to acquire the PureData System at the correct size for their current needs.
- A choice of six configurations is available.
- Ability to scale incrementally up to petascale capacity.
- Enables integrated analytics of both structured and unstructured data
- The PureData System Control Console provides a single monitoring and management tool to administer system wide updates and obtain a view into the current state of the system.
- Supports multi-tenant operational warehouses through row and column access controls.
- Offers adaptive compression to help lower storage and administration costs.
- Provides in-database analytics to support analysis where the data resides.
- Provides continuous ingest of data to help ensure that the most current data is always available for operational analytics.
- Includes built-in time travel query for faster historical and trend analytic queries.
- Supports the concept of tiered storage, frequently used data resides on faster IBM FlashSystem™ flash storage while the colder data is placed on spinning disks helping improve the query performance.
1 Based on IBM internal tests comparing PureData System for Operational Analytics v1 (A1791, One foundation node with two data nodes, DB2 10.1 FP3 ) with PureData System for Operational Analytics v1.1 (A1801, One foundation node with two data nodes, DB2 10.5 FP5) using same DB2 parameters and settings. Individual results will vary depending on individual workloads, configurations and conditions.
PureData System for Operational Analytics