Managing the entire document imaging lifecycle
IBM® Production Imaging Edition provides capabilities to manage the entire document image lifecycle. It combines imaging, capture and automation to help reduce costs. IBM Production Imaging Edition can scale processes from departmental use up to tens of thousands of users.
Production Imaging Edition offers:
- Advanced document capture—capture documents and turn them into digital images, extract information from them, and insert images and metadata into a repository.
- Enterprise content management—store and manage document images to improve efficiency and flexibility.
- Business process management—create and maintain business processes and automatically route document images based on content, context and user input.
- Image viewing, annotation and redaction—view document images from various locations in the enterprise, make annotations on them and redact parts of them as needed.
Advanced document capture
- Production Imaging Edition takes advantage of IBM Datacap software for document capture.
- You can automate data entry for most types of documents, including medical claims, tax returns, mortgages and loans, insurance policies and claims, and highly variable documents such as invoices.
- Datacap software can rapidly convert structured data and unstructured information from common formats, including JPEG and GIF image files.
- You can enable electronic capture from distributed offices or locations throughout your enterprise using the web.
Enterprise content management
- Production Imaging Edition includes IBM FileNet® Content Manager software, which combines content management with specialized document management. Now you can gain active control over your unstructured corporate assets.
- FileNet Content Manager helps improve the quality of decisions by providing the right information when it is needed. It supports your business initiatives by making content more accessible, security-rich and manageable.
- FileNet Content Federation Services enables you to manage content from various locations. You can postpone or avoid costly migrations, while standardizing on a common solution.
- FileNet Workplace XT software provides an intuitive user interface for accessing features related to content and process management through a standard browser.
Business process management
- Production Imaging Edition includes IBM Case Foundation software to manage the workflow of case-based processes and content among people and systems.
- It provides process design and simulation tools, smart electronic forms, rapid application development frameworks and process monitoring dashboards.
- Now you can create, manage and optimize case-based processes to help increase performance, reduce cycle times, improve productivity and enhance decision making.
Image viewing, annotation and redaction
- Production Imaging Edition includes IBM Daeja® ViewONE® Professional that supports popular file types, including Adobe® PDF, Microsoft® Word, Microsoft Excel, EML and PSD files; single and multipage TIFF, JPEG, BMP and GIF image files; and more.
- A document streaming module in the viewer can dynamically split multipage TIFF and PDF documents into single pages, dramatically reducing network traffic and helping speed response times.
- IBM Production Imaging Edition enables permanent redactions of supported image files for security-rich archiving or distribution.
- With universal viewing capabilities, you can restrict user access to viewing and markup only, without editing the original file. Users can review documents faster by navigating them using text indexing rather than thumbnails.
- Production Imaging Edition offers document security features that help protect images during transit. It helps ensure that only the intended recipient with the right access level can view documents.
Production Imaging Edition resources