Monitoring and management of IBM z Systems and IBM zEnterprise
IBM® Tivoli® OMEGAMON® XE on z/OS® provides detailed monitoring and problem management for IBM z Systems® and IBM zEnterprise® systems. This software is designed to improve visibility, usability and performance.
Tivoli OMEGAMON XE on z/OS:
- Helps improve problem resolution efficiency by requiring fewer steps to find a root cause performance impact in near real time, which helps increase availability.
- Provides an IBM 3270-based user interface capable of viewing the entire enterprise-wide environment from a single screen. This expansive enterprise view is designed to increase visibility, control and automation.
- Simplifies installation, configuration and maintenance using self-describing agents and parameter library methodology. With this feature, you can enhance IT productivity.
- Supports a redesigned IBM OMEGAMON architecture to provide cloud support throughout hybrid environments. This feature also helps reduce software costs and the need for mainframe resources.
Helps improve problem resolution efficiency
- Provides built-in best practices based on problem-solving scenarios to help streamline problem resolution.
- Offers a user interface that is built to focus on typical IT problems. This helps you find and fix problems faster and more efficiently.
- Can help increase system availability by finding problems before they become system outages.
- Helps improve subject matter expert productivity by simplifying the work required to monitor and manage the mainframe.
Provides an IBM 3270-based user interface
- Presents a color-coded view throughout multiple sysplexes.
- Simplifies and speeds monitoring and management from a single-view IBM z/OS and subsystems.
- Consolidates needed information to one screen, instead of many.
- Allows you to move between different z/OS components to provide a common look and feel of command and control conditions.
Simplifies installation, configuration and maintenance
- Simplifies the setup and configuration of IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON software.
- Decreases the number of parameters and jobs needed to perform maintenance.
- Helps reduce errors and the maintenance time window.
Supports a redesigned IBM OMEGAMON architecture
- Can provide cloud support throughout hybrid computing environments such as zEnterprise with zEnterprise Unified Resource Manager API support.
- Uses less compute resources and requires fewer address spaces.
- Is designed to reduce system complexity and improve overall system performance.
Tivoli OMEGAMON XE on z/OS resources