Storage performance, availability monitoring and management
IBM® OMEGAMON® for Storage on z/OS provides storage monitoring, management, and corrective action capability to prevent storage-related outages or performance problems. It makes storage administrators much more efficient with intelligent alerts, targeted reporting, and linkages to related tools using common interface and process. OMEGAMON for Storage on z/OS covers key hardware and software subsystems necessary to maintain a healthy, efficient z/OS storage environment.
OMEGAMON for Storage on z/OS combines comprehensive storage monitoring for z/OS I/O subsystem performance and storage availability with the ability to automate actions for problems to prevent and react to developing situations in the storage environment.
Monitor and manage IBM and non-IBM storage (including DASD and tape devices) and the analysis of key IBM storage software components: Data Facility Systems Managed Storage hierarchical storage manager (DFSMShsm), and now see real-time, actionable FICON Control Unit information.
Problem-solving workspaces with Dynamic Workspace Links (DWL) in the Tivoli Enterprise™ Portal (TEP) and Enhanced 3270 UI help eliminate “war-rooms”.
Application views enable end-to-end z/OS I/O subsystem performance and availability monitoring.
Manage by exception – define situations that require attention and either automate responses or allow Administrator action.
Respond with automated commands and scheduled actions to maintain and administer storage with the storage toolkit
Monitor and manage real-time and historical storage data for key subsystems
- Flash, Disk, Tape, VTS devices (IBM & non-IBM)
- Software Subsystems: DFSMShsm/ DFSMSdss / DFSMSrmm / ICKDSF / IDCAMS / CA1
- DFSMS constructs
- Channels (FICON), Control Units, CACHE, Frame Rate Pacing
- Space management: Storage Groups / Data Set Groups / Custom-Defined Groups)
- Logical volumes / physical disk
- DFSMShsm: active HSM queues, control Datasets, and other features
- New expanded and enhanced 3270 user interface makes it easier to quickly get to key information
- Links to related workspaces and other tools help “drill down” and “drill sideways” to identify and solve problems quickly
- Optimize storage performance for key applications
- Monitor end-to-end z/OS application storage (I/O) perfor-mance for critical applications
- Automatically respond to issues before they impact per-formance
Manage by Exception
- Flexible, custom-tailored reporting for your precise needs
- Define situations with precise logic statements
- Intelligent alerts focus on “real” problems
- Powerful dataset view and action capability
- Batch JCL creation from toolkit - any JCL
- Launch pre-planned responses from Intelligent Alerts
- Capture and apply expert knowledge, reducing demands on experts
IBM OMEGAMON for Storage on z/OS