Operational insight helps city leaders manage a safer, smarter city.
IBM® Intelligent Operations Center helps government leaders manage complex city environments, incidents and emergencies with a city solution that delivers operational insights. It offers integrated data visualization, near real-time collaboration and deep analytics to help city agencies enhance the ongoing efficiency of city operations, plan for growth and coordinate and manage response efforts. IBM Intelligent Operations Center provides integrated maps, online dashboards, customizable reports, multiple analytic algorithms, interactive standard operating procedures and other tools for improved city operations and incident or emergency response.
IBM Intelligent Operations Center enables you to:
- Monitor and manage resources, events and incidents through situational awareness.
- Optimize city growth and operations through deep analysis of the city environment and resources.
- Stay connected with citizens and address their concerns through citizen collaboration tools and services.
- Keep citizens safer with crime risk hot-spot analytics.
- Integrate data from various departments and agencies through a common platform.
Monitor and manage resources, events and incidents
- Use cross-agency visualization capabilities to give decision makers a near real-time, unified view of city operations so they can make more informed decisions in day-to-day operations as well as times of crises and heightened response.
- View the overall status of city operations in near real-time so the city officials see what resources are needed and available.
- Drill down to get insight into each underlying agency, such as emergency management, public safety, social services, transportation and water.
- Take advantage of near real-time communication and collaboration among city agencies for more effective response management and coordination for disasters, incidents and events.
Optimize city growth and operations
- Gain more insight into where the city is growing and what factors are contributing to its growth.
- Share centralized information for city-wide integration of daily operations and enable visibility into key performance indicators (KPIs), trends, analyses, business rules and cross-agency collaboration.
- Analyze programs and initiatives against established goals.
- Establish departmental and agency KPIs and monitor them against standard operating procedures that you define.
Stay connected with citizens and address their concerns
- Enable citizens to use social and mobile tools to report issues and incidents quickly through the collaboration platform.
- Help reduce some city staffing requirements as more citizens participate and report incidents.
- Notify citizens and businesses directly when issues are addressed, creating more two-way communication and collaboration.
- Combine reported problems with other sources of information to schedule repairs, spot trends and optimize responses.
Keep citizens safer
- Help identify the latest trends and predictions for anticipated crimes, enabling city officials to act more proactively.
- Highlight areas of possible criminal activity using hot spots marked on a geo-spatial map.
- See hot spots evolve in near real-time.
- Identify crime patterns to help make more informed decisions.
Integrate data from departments and agencies
- Bring data together from various city departments and agencies using one common smarter cities platform.
- Develop custom services using a common platform that provides agencies and developers with access to city-wide data.
- Enable cities with IT resources to deploy software on premise with the security measures they require.
- Enable cities without IT resources to deploy the software as a service in the IBM SmartCloud with no upfront capital expense.
Use an executive dashboard to view city conditions and assess critical issues quickly.
View and analyze citizens’ social media sentiments regarding city plans and operations.
View problems reported by citizens and see issue locations on a map.
See both KPIs and actual trends using intuitive graphs, charts and maps.