Optimize and automate test data management to reduce cost, accelerate application delivery and lower risk
IBM® InfoSphere® Optim™ Test Data Management optimizes and automates the test data management process. Prebuilt workflows and services on demand facilitate continuous testing and Agile software development. IBM InfoSphere Optim Test Data Management helps development and testing teams use realistic, right-sized test databases or data warehouses to accelerate application development.
InfoSphere Optim Test Data Management helps organizations:
- Streamline test data management processes to help reduce costs and speed application delivery.
- Analyze and refresh test data on demand for developers and testers
- Create production-like environments to shorten iterative testing cycles, support continuous testing and accelerate time to market.
- Protect sensitive data based on business polices and help reduce risk in testing, training and development environments; leverage InfoSphere Business Information Exchange included in the solution
- Use a single, scalable enterprise solution across applications, databases and operating systems.
- Provides a comprehensive continuous testing solution through Rational Test Workbench for functional, regression, integration (service virtualization) and load testing
Streamline test data management processes
- Use right-sized, masked subsets of data for testing rather than full-size production database clones to control the size of development and testing environments.
- Build data subsets based on business rules and use case requirements.
- Manage, access and refresh test data using services on demand.
- Edit test data to create targeted test cases and identify gaps in test cases.
Create production-like environments
- Create referentially intact, right-sized test databases or data warehouses to minimize storage requirements while broadening test coverage.
- Identify and extract precise subsets of data required to meet various testing scenarios.
- Analyze and compare test results automatically to identify hidden errors and correct defects before deployment.
- Manage data at the business object level to preserve the relational integrity of the data and its business context.
Protect sensitive data and help reduce risk
- Mask sensitive data in non-production environments to help protect it from misuse and fraud.
- Establish and enforce enterprise test data management policies and rules for more effective data governance.
- Enable testers and developers to access and refresh test data that has already been masked and provisioned by database administrators (DBAs).
- Capture and accurately process data elements so that masked data does not violate application logic and produces valid results.
Use a single, scalable enterprise solution
- Work with prebuilt or customized data extracts for custom and package applications, including Oracle E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft Enterprise, Siebel, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, SAP.
- Support commonly used databases, including IBM DB2®, Informix®, Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server and IBM PureData.
- Use with Microsoft Windows, Unix, Linux and IBM z/OS® operating systems.
InfoSphere Optim Test Data Management