Simplify the development of IMS applications and more
IBM® IMS™ Explorer for Development simplifies the creation and maintenance of IBM IMS applications and delivers front-end mobile server administration. Built on the Eclipse platform, it provides a graphical user interface (GUI) and an integrated development environment (IDE) to minimize programming effort. The solution reduces the need for IMS-specific skills and helps optimize development productivity. There is no license charge for this software.
IMS Explorer for Development features:
- Front-end mobile server administration — model, deploy and test IMS transactions and data as services for mobile access and consumption by RESTful APIs
- A simplified, graphical framework— a simple graphical interface and features to speed application development and deployment.
- Support for integrated application development—integrates with other Eclipse-based tools and applications to support the IMS development cycle.
A simplified, graphical framework
- Graphically displays your segment hierarchy and database structure, and lets you visually edit database definitions (DBDs) and program specification blocks (PSBs).
- Allows you to access and manipulate IMS data using SQL statements, instead of making calls from a PL/I or COBOL program.
- A SQL query builder automatically generates SQL statements that insert, update and delete IMS data.
- Translates the hierarchical IMS database structure into a relational structure that is displayed in a tree format.
- Provides rich GUI controls and contextual help in English, Brazilian Portuguese, simplified and traditional Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, Korean, and French.
Support for integrated application development
- Integrates with IBM Explorer for z/OS®, IBM Rational® Developer for System z®, IBM Data Studio, IBM CICS Explorer® Software Development Kit (SDK), and IBM Rational Team Concert™, providing an efficient platform for IMS application program development and maintenance.
- Integrates with Eclipse-based plug-ins such as IBM z/OS® Problem Determination Tools to streamline development, testing and debugging.
- Enables viewing and editing of z/OS data sets and z/OS UNIX files.
- Allows Job Control Language (JCL) submissions, and viewing of output and job logs.