Integrated identity and web access management strengthens security and compliance
Increase productivity and security with efficient
identity and access management
IBM® Security Identity and Access Manager provides automated and policy-based user lifecycle management and access controls throughout the enterprise. Available as an easy-to-manage virtual appliance, it pairs IBM Security Identity Manager with IBM Security Access Manager Platform for more secure user authentication and authorization to applications and data.
Organizations can use IBM Identity and Access Manager to better administer, secure and monitor user access privileges and activities for enterprise and online environments.
IBM Security Identity and Access Manager provides:
- Automated user lifecycle management: Optimizes productivity and reduces cost of managing and revoking user profiles, credentials and access rights throughout the user lifecycle.
- Security-rich access to web applications and data: Safeguards access to online applications and data spread across the extended enterprise.
- Security compliance: Provides audit trail collection, correlation and reporting.
- Convenient single sign-on (SSO): Simplifies secure access to various web-based applications and services.
Automated user lifecycle management
Security-rich access to web applications and data
- Centralizes user authentication, authorization and secure session management for online portal and business initiatives.
- Automates the creation, modification, recertification and termination of policy-based user privileges throughout the entire user lifecycle.
- Increases efficiency with centralized user self service, automated approvals processing and password management.
- Helps safeguard user access to online applications, protecting them against advanced web threats.
- Uses scalable reverse proxy as an identity firewall to centrally manage security threats.
- Protects interaction of authorized users with web applications and servers for a more secure business experience.
- Provides greater time to value and lower total cost of ownership.
Convenient single sign-on (SSO)
- Manages and prevents policy conflicts through separation-of-duty checking and enforcement.
- Provides tools to help manage user access certification and recertification, and user provisioning as a vital part of the overall compliance posture.
- Facilitates compliance reporting and audit processes by monitoring the infrastructure and user activity.
- Delivers seamless and secure access to web applications, both within and outside the organization.
- Provides a single point of authentication for online portal and business resources.
- Defends applications and data against targeted web attacks and vulnerabilities.
IBM Security Access Manager resources