Scalable cloud delivery and patch management of cloud computing assets
IBM® SmartCloud Patch Management combines endpoint patch management with cloud computing to help you configure and manage your physical, virtual and cloud computing assets. The software optimizes the patch cycle, and helps you gain visibility and control of your systems regardless of context, location or connectivity.
IBM SmartCloud Patch Management offers:
- Automatic patch assessment and management of multiple operating systems and applications over physical and virtual servers.
- Reduced complexity through ease of implementation, use and simplified cloud administration.
- Highly scalable and rapid cloud delivery.
Automatic patch assessment and management
- Provides continuous, automatic patch assessment and remediation of
physical and virtual systems including both online and offline virtual machines
- Using a single server and console, can manage over 200,000 endpoints, including desktops, laptops, servers and mobile devices.
- Provides full visibility of endpoints and their configurations.
- Reduces remediation cycles from weeks to hours.
- Provides rich analytics, image versioning and federated image library features.
- Supports third-party software deployments and custom pattern creation to help you build once and deploy across private and public clouds.
- Offers feature and content updates through automated subscription services.
- Provides nonstop cloud computing, which can automatically tolerate and recover from software and hardware failures.
- Automates provisioning operations, and provides a self-service interface to reduce IT complexity and costs.
Enterprise scalability and security
- Provide rapid, scalable deployment with near-instant parallel provisioning of hundreds of virtual machines.
- Allow your organization to become cloud-enabled within hours.
- Serve as a foundation for adding advanced cloud capabilities as business needs evolve.