Full-featured cloud-based business email
IBM® SmartCloud™ Notes® is a cloud-based email, calendar, contact management and instant messaging service on the IBM Cloud. With Smart Cloud Notes, you can access these capabilities over the Internet with a web browser or with the IBM Notes client.
Switching to cloud-based email can help you reduce expenses, preserve your application investment and simplify your IT requirements--while also freeing up valuable resources.
Delivered as software as a service, SmartCloud Notes:
- Provides cloud-based email, calendaring, contact management and instant messaging using a web browser or IBM Notes client.
- Lets you access your email from virtually anywhere using mobile devices.
- Integrates with existing on-premises infrastructure and applications with hybrid capabilities.
- Provides security-rich features to protect enterprise data.
- Helps control costs and reduce capital expenditures.
Provides cloud-based email, calendaring, contact management and instant messaging
- Use calendaring and scheduling capabilities for meetings, appointments and reminders across time zones.
- Communicate with business contacts using built-in instant messaging. Receive quick replies without ever using the phone.
- Gain a single point of access to email, calendars, contacts, instant messaging, collaboration tools and business applications.
Lets you access your email from virtually anywhere
- Choose the optional IBM SmartCloud Notes Traveler for Notes. This service enables you to access email, calendar and contacts from mobile devices including Apple iPhone, Apple iPad, Windows Mobile, Google Android and Nokia Symbian.
- Choose the optional SmartCloud Notes Hosted BlackBerry Service to access email, calendar and contacts from your BlackBerry device.
- Use support for IMAP clients including Microsoft Outlook 2003 and 2007, Mozilla Thunderbird 9.0.1, and Apple Mail 4 and 5.
Integrates with existing on-premises infrastructure
- Use hybrid capabilities for integrating with an existing IBM Domino® infrastructure. This allows your company administrator to manage users and groups with familiar on-premises tools.
- Take advantage of Notes-to-Notes encryption and Transport Layer Security for Internet network traffic.
- Utilize the optional SmartCloud Archive Essentials email archive solution to capture and retain the content of email messages for later legal discovery.
Provides security-rich features
- Built-in spam and virus protection services.
- Full-featured encryption. This includes Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption and secure password recovery, digital signatures and per-message encryption, data encryption at rest, and opportunistic Transport Layer Security encryption in transit.
- Support for federated identity through Security Assertion Markup Language.
- Provides governance processes/policy enforcement.
- IBM compliance programs deployed throughout the delivery environment. IBM data center and operational processes are consistent with SAS 70 Type II controls testing.
Helps control costs
- Provides predictable monthly and annual subscriptions—often for less than an in-house solution.
- Helps reduce capital expenditures with little to no up-front investment.
- Requires minimal IT staff.
IBM SmartCloud Notes resources