Central design repository automates design reviews and generates documentation
IBM® Rational® Rhapsody® Design Manager is collaborative design management software that helps design teams and their stakeholders to share, trace, review and manage designs. Supporting the systems engineering and embedded software development lifecycle, Rational Rhapsody Design Manager helps to effectively manage complexity, reduce risk and improve systems engineering and software quality, design and delivery.
Built on the IBM JazzTM platform, Rational Rhapsody Design Manager provides:
- Central design storage—teams can store, share, search and manage designs and models using a central system repository with web-based access.
- Stakeholder collaboration—suppliers, customers, contractors and other extended stakeholders can easily access information through a web client.
- Design reviews—the software automates design reviews with all stakeholders to facilitate the communication of requirements, speed decision making and improve quality.
- Multi-discipline document generation and reporting—you can easily create comprehensive documentation for specifications, communication, compliance and reporting.
- Three types of role-based licenses—team members and stakeholders get the specific set of capabilities required to effectively do their jobs.
Central design storage
- Store and access designs from a central location.
- Use up-to-date content with linked lifecycle data; no data refreshing is needed.
- Search, view and analyze designs on the server from IBM Rational Rhapsody or a web client.
- Use relationship diagram feature for impact analysis and discovery of related design elements and resources.
- Share and review the Mathwork Simulink models for collaboration of architecture and algorithms.
- Extended teams can easily access, review designs and trace analysis through a web client.
- Stakeholders have self-serve access to design milestones, improving collaboration and design quality.
- Team members can determine how their tasks relate to designs with traceable links to work items, requirements and test cases.
- Web-based sketching allows for quick team collaboration on design ideas.
- Impact analysis diagrams identify related design elements and linked resources.
- Automate reviews specifying the design and stakeholder review team.
- View the design, attach comments and mark up the design through the web or rich client.
- Improve quality by ensuring the extended team has direct input into updates and corrections.
- Plan and track projects by linking design review to IBM Rational Team ConcertTM work items.
Multi-discipline document generation and reporting
- Generate documents on the design management server using provided templates and IBM Rational Reporting for Document Generation support.
- Access design information through open interfaces for document generation.
- Create custom templates using IBM Rational Publishing Engine.
- Use the Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration (OSLC) for linking data to understand the impact of design changes on other lifecycle resources.
- Use reports for comments and details from design reviews.
Three types of role-based licenses
- The new IBM Rational Rhapsody Contributor provides full read and write access to change management, report customization and planning. This license also includes read access to design management, software configuration management, automation (build system), requirements management and test management unless otherwise restricted by role-based process permissions.
- The Rational Rhapsody Design Manager license is for team members who are using Rational Rhapsody to create and modify designs. They can update designs on the Rational Rhapsody Design Management server, create snapshots and conduct design reviews.
- The IBM Rational Rhapsody Design Reviewer license is for stakeholders who need to collaborate, review and comment on designs, but do not create or modify the designs themselves. Stakeholders can use a web browser to review and make comments on the actual designs, so the architect or systems engineer can easily collect feedback without generating a separate artifact for everyone to review.