Improve responsiveness and comply with pricing policy, strategies and goals
IBM® Price Management, formerly DemandTec® Price Management, helps retailers improve execution of and compliance with their pricing policy, strategies and goals.
IBM Price Management can help you:
- Simplify and streamline the pricing process with rules-based pricing.
- Respond quickly to volatile vendor cost and competitive price changes with advanced price maintenance.
- Quickly review, approve and deliver pricing to downstream systems with advanced pricing delivery capabilities.
Simplify and streamline the pricing process
- Define and enforce pricing policies by creating pricing scenarios with rules selected from a rules library.
- Configure pricing rules, such as last-digit rules, line pricing rules, competitive rules and cross-zone rules, using intuitive natural language.
- Prioritize rules in pricing scenarios in order of importance.
- See when conflicting rules make it impossible to calculate a price scenario and use a rules relaxation option to consider price scenarios that most closely conform to pricing rules and goals.
Respond quickly to volatile vendor cost and competitive price changes
- Provide operational price management capabilities to handle frequent vendor cost changes, competitive price changes and new item introductions.
- Set individual and cumulative thresholds and automate changes when new data becomes available.
- Dictate which criteria trigger price changes on the shelves.
- Take decisive action and execute pricing changes promptly.
Quickly review, approve and deliver pricing to downstream systems
- Automate the scheduling and delivery of pricing updates to downstream systems.
- Instantly review how a new pricing scenario will impact key metrics such as sales, margin and volume, which items should receive new prices and what triggered each resulting price change.
- Selectively override recommended pricing for a given set of SKUs, lines, brands or zones in a price scenario.
View an easy-to-read dashboard with pricing data on demand.
Gain pricing intelligence to dynamically respond to competitive price changes.
See detailed pricing data that can be filtered and exported for deeper insights.