Distribute, consolidate and synchronize your data
IBM® InfoSphere® Replication Server (now part of IBM InfoSphere Data Replication) distributes, consolidates and synchronizes your heterogeneous data for business continuity, workload distribution or business integration scenarios. This high-availability solution helps you provide consistent, timely information to users and applications while offloading critical application servers.
InfoSphere Replication Server provides:
- High-volume, low-latency replication—a high throughput of information to users and applications.
- Asynchronous log-based model—maximizes flexibility and functions.
- Integration with IBM and other systems—enhances existing platforms and supports broader information management processes.
High-volume, low-latency replication
- Helps enable continuous data availability, including zero downtime for planned and unplanned outages and automatic conflict detection and resolution.
- Offers automatic data distribution to or consolidation from many locations automatically, reducing development costs and effort.
Asynchronous log-based model
- Provides queue-based replication to support data replication with managed conflict detection and resolution.
- Determines transaction dependencies and replays transactions on target systems, maximizing parallelism to minimize latency.
- Offers SQL-based replication to manage schedules, transformation and distribution topologies for populating data warehouses or data marts.
- Enables many-to-one and one-to-many delivery of data.
- Provides data filtering to help ensure that only relevant data is replicated.
Integration with IBM and other systems
- Integrates with IBM InfoSphere Replication Server for z/OS® (now part of IBM InfoSphere Data Replication for DB2® for z/OS) to replicate data between IBM DB2 for z/OS and IBM DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows.
- Combines with IBM InfoSphere Classic Replication Server for z/OS to replicate data from IBM z/OS data sources such as IBM IMS™, Oracle, Sybase and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Integrates with IBM InfoSphere Change Data Capture (now part of InfoSphere Data Replication) and IBM InfoSphere Change Data Capture for z/OS (now part of InfoSphere Data Replication for DB2 for z/OS) to provide broad database and operating system support for both distributed and IBM System z® environments.