Automate vendor deal processes for more effective retail trade promotions
IBM® Deal Management, formerly DemandTec® Deal Management, can make the retail trade promotion process more effective by automating and streamlining presentations, negotiations, invoicing and reconciliation related to vendor deals. It provides a security-rich web environment to help reduce errors and increase productivity. IBM Deal Management can significantly reduce a retailer’s cost per deal by helping to eliminate multiple back-and-forth discussions during the collaborative deal-making process.
IBM Deal Management can:
- Streamline processes and reduce errors through online collaboration based on retailers’ rules of engagement.
- Boost efficiency by offloading time-consuming, manual processes to suppliers, saving the time involved in manually entering vendor information.
- Increase the availability of trade funds with more timely settlement processing.
- Accelerate the reconciliation and audit process with an electronic document archive.
Streamline processes and reduce errors through online collaboration.
- Significantly decrease or eliminate the e-mails, faxes and spreadsheets that typically go back and forth between retailers and vendors.
- Reduce the potential errors often associated with unstructured communication.
- Enable retailers to collaborate in a security-rich environment based on their rules of engagement.
Boost efficiency by offloading time-consuming, manual processes to suppliers
- Dramatically boost retailer productivity by pushing data entry work to vendors.
- Let vendors enter deal information through a retailer-specific web portal.
- Integrate with IBM promotion management solutions to share deal information that can be used to plan promotional ads and events and predict the performance of proposed deals.
Increase the availability of trade funds
- Reduce the time needed for settlement processes so that vendors do not have to hold trade funds in reserve.
- Provide an extensive, automated solution to thoroughly capture the deal management process and share key information with suppliers.
- Cut deal cycle time while lowering the retailer’s cost to serve.
- Enable vendors to clear deals faster and offer additional deals to their retailers.
Accelerate the reconciliation and audit process
- Accelerate the billing and accrual of trade funds.
- Use a seven-year online archive that virtually eliminates the need for costly post-deal audits to confirm that deductions are fairly taken and accounted for.
- Provide an electronic audit trail for regulatory compliance, such as for Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Deliver invoices more quickly and cost-effectively by distributing uploaded invoices to vendors through email and tracking deliverability.