Simplify data retention for legal and regulatory compliance
IBM® Spectrum Protect™ for Data Retention (formerly IBM System Storage Archive Manager) helps manage and simplify retrieval of the increasing amount of data that organizations must retain for strict records retention regulations. It enables flexible holds on data that must be retained by court order or to comply with regulations.
Data retention requirements can change in an instant, and may apply to data already in the backup system. IBM Spectrum Protect for Data Retention simplifies compliance auditing and reporting.
IBM Spectrum Protect for Data Retention features:
- Flexible retention and expiration policies. Changes to policies can be applied to stored data without retrieving the data.
- A retention hold facility to ensure data is not deleted during legal proceedings.
- Built-in data deduplication to help reduce capacity requirements.
- Ability to manage billions of data objects in a single instance.
- A vendor-neutral storage technology which lets you to retain your data on hundreds of different types of disk, tape, optical and DVD.
- Data longevity with automated migration between storage devices and tiers.
- Off-site data protection.
- Archiving of files by users from their workstations or file servers.
- An internal IBM DB2 database that is self-tuning and self-maintaining to provide exceptional reliability and performance while minimizing administrative tasks.