Centralize plans for promotional offers
IBM® Promotion Planning provides a flexible, configurable, centralized planning environment for merchants to plan and manage all the details about their promotional offers. Promotion Planning is a key element of the rest of the End-to-End Promotion Management Solution. It is a foundational element for event execution through IBM Promotion Execution, and for forecasting with IBM Promotion Optimization. Moreover, for retailers using IBM Deal Management, offers submitted by the vendor, along with all the associated details, automatically surface as a promotion in Promotion Planning.
- Provides a centralized repository of all promotional offers and associated details. Houses all details of your promotions, including items included in the promotion, valid dates, distribution, trade fund allowances, user-entered forecasts, and product placement details.
- Localizes promotional offers, including pricing and items, to increase relevancy. Allows users to vary pricing, offerings merchandising tactics to reflect the needs of the local markets.
- Allows users to manage allowances and work effectively with vendors. Tracks vendor allowances and lets retailers manage details of them within the system.
- Helps centralize planning and manage financials with user-entered forecasts. Gives retailers the ability to track performance through various financial reports available in Promotion Planning.
Provides a centralized repository of all promotional offers and associated details.
- IBM Promotion Planning captures pricing details in a structured format, whether a straight percentage, flat-rate discount, BOGO or multiples offer, package or other complex promotion type.
- Users can define performance details as part of a promotion — including specific pricing action, whether the item is on ad or display, if there is a coupon associated with the promotion and more.
- These offers and all their details become part of a central repository of all promotional offers in IBM Promotion Planning, which can be used to feed various downstream systems such as the price hosting systems, ad execution systems, and demand forecasting.
Localizes promotional offers, including pricing and items, to increase relevancy.
- Allows users to map stores to different locations and then sort those locations into logical groupings for planning different pricing, item and merchandising actions.
- IBM Promotion Planning handles localization in a hierarchical fashion, allowing users to work at the individual store or market level if necessary.
- Because IBM Promotion Planning features localization, retailers are can ensure good promotional performance by allowing users to adjust pricing if a store is close to a competitor, or if certain stores have higher costs.
- Users can also manage product swaps and various merchandising tactics to reflect factors such as different store formats.
Allows users to manage allowances and work effectively with vendors.
- Ensures that they are tracking vendor allowances centrally, and are able to calculate margin inclusive of these funds.
- For retailers who have also subscribed to IBM Deal Management, offers—including allowance details—entered into Deal Management by vendors are automatically imported into Promotion Planning, eliminating the need for manual promotion entry.
- IBM Omni-channel Merchandising supports all allowance types including flat fee, performance (shipment- and consumption-based), and non-performance, and allows users to track payment methods, and more with the allowance feature.
Helps centralize planning and manage financials with user-entered forecasts.
- Supports user entered forecasts that can be used in conjunction with IBM Promotion Optimization or independently.
- IBM Promotion Planning offers retailers the ability to track performance through various financial reports.
Centralize plans for promotional offers