Automatic, cost-effective, consistent retention and records management
IBM® Enterprise Records software can help your organization address, maintain and provide a record of compliance for electronic and physical records. This comprehensive solution combines content, process and connectivity to meet your records management and compliance challenges. Now you can streamline records-based activities and help enforce compliance with retention policies—with or without user participation.
Enterprise Records can capture, declare, classify, store and dispose of electronic and physical records according to fiscal, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Supports regulatory compliance—it features IBM ZeroClick technology, which automates the enforcement of records management policies at the technology layer.
- Provides federation tools—a centralized, consolidated catalog of information from disparate content sources provides company-wide records management.
- Helps automate records capture and records administration—you gain cost-effective records management and rapid return on investment (ROI).
- Supports the entire enterprise records lifecycle—Enterprise Records combines automation, reliability and compliance for better records management.
- Improves records retention and disposition—you gain more efficient and accurate recordkeeping.
Supports regulatory compliance
- Automates the entire records management lifecycle process, helping to ensure best-practice records management and eliminating user-related error.
- Invisibly enforces consistent compliance and records management policies throughout your enterprise.
- Organizes, secures, stores and quickly retrieves essential company records.
- Helps mitigate organizational risk, lower operating costs and improve productivity.
- Supports proof of compliance.
Provides federation tools
- Reduces risks and costs through centralized versus distributed management.
- Enables prescriptive lifecycle records management facilities while leaving content in original IBM and third-party repositories, which remain independent. This eliminates the risk of unauthorized changes to native content, and makes information more trustworthy and reliable.
- Improves auditing, monitoring, searching (electronic discovery support) and transparency through a consolidated records inventory across enterprise repositories.
- Leverages Java® EE technology. This can protect your investment, deliver high scalability and optimize performance.
Helps automate records capture and records administration
- By automating these records management tasks, you can enforce compliance, reduce cycle time and minimize errors.
- Automation helps ensure accurate and consistent records capture and timely disposition of records.
- It also reduces the risk, labor, time and costs associated with managing records.
- You can gain additional ROI from reduced storage and discovery costs.
Supports the entire enterprise records lifecycle
- ZeroClick records capture automatically captures records from business users and line-of-business systems. This technology increases the reliability and trustworthiness of records by helping to ensure they are consistently and accurately declared, classified and authenticated.
- ZeroClick records administration can automate key tasks. Required reviews can be completed, while records are retained and destroyed according to records and information management (RIM) policy.
- Central and departmental file plan administration supports electronic and physical records from a single administration module. This feature supports multiple file plans.
- Email managed as records provides seamless integration with IBM InfoSphere® Content Collector to automatically capture and email content as records.
- Additional features include federated records services, advanced records search and request, and reporting.
Improves records retention and disposition
- Enterprise Records can eliminate the time-consuming manual steps needed to review vital factors, initiate retention, manage disposition review and approvals, and create file plan folders.
- The system can track and log all user actions, so you can retain a record of who did what and when.
Enterprise Records resources