Comprehensive support for managing modernization of traditional IBM z/OS applications
The IBM® Software Configuration and Library Manager (SCLM) Developer Toolkit is a comprehensive solution for managing the modernization of traditional IBM z/OS® applications including mixed applications containing both traditional and Java® Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) object types. This Eclipse-based tool extends the functionality and accessibility of SCLM by providing an Eclipse-based integrated development environment (IDE) interface. Developers can code and test applications in an Eclipse-based IDE, and then store source code in SCLM.
The SCLM Developer Toolkit offers:
- Integration with Eclipse—this Eclipse-based tool extends SCLM services to Eclipse-based IDEs. It provides Eclipse-based services using the Eclipse standard, team-based actions.
- Access to existing SCLM projects—it provides a transparent IDE-based interface to SCLM, long file name support, and a remote portal through SCLM explorer and developer view. This allows access to other SCLM-based products.
- Flexibility and extendibility—the SCLM Developer Toolkit allows you to store source code in almost any language in SCLM. It extends the level of language support that SCLM provides through SCLM build translators.
Integration with Eclipse
Access to existing SCLM projects
- The SCLM Developer Toolkit delivers universal software configuration management (SCM) functions, features and services in a manner that is consistent with Eclipse SCM. These include project synchronization, file comparison and version control.
- You can use the current IDE services for your Eclipse projects, while using SCLM for source management.
Flexibility and extendibility
- The SCLM Developer Toolkit provides Java and Java EE developers with a transparent IDE-based interface to SCLM.
- It provides access to other SCLM projects from the Eclipse IDE through the SCLM explorer and developer view.
- The explorer and developer view provides a remote portal to SCLM that you can use to access SCLM artifacts and services from the Eclipse IDE.
- The consolidation of access and services around a single platform enhances the usability of SCLM for a wide range of developers and languages.
- Java and Java EE developers can take advantage of the security and functionality of SCLM, which is a centralized, IBM z/OS®-based SCM.
- The SCLM Developer Toolkit makes it easier for developers learning how to build z/OS-based applications. It protects your investment with an architecture that can extend the languages supported by SCLM.
- You can choose to operate the toolkit independently from, or in conjunction with, other IBM application and web development tools such as IBM WebSphere® Developer for System z®.
- The SCLM Developer Toolkit provides comprehensive support for IBM Rational® Developer for System z users.
- It facilitates collaboration between z/OS and non z/OS-based developers.
SCLM Developer Toolkit resources