Create, maintain and enhance COBOL applications on AIX
IBM® Rational® Developer for AIX® and Linux AIX COBOL Edition is an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) built on the Eclipse platform specifically designed for creating and maintaining COBOL applications on AIX running on Power systems and PureSystems™. It resides on the developer’s desktop, supporting development in both host-connected and disconnected modes. In addition to supporting AIX COBOL, this product includes a substantial subset of the capabilities of Rational Application Developer for WebSphere® Software to enable development of Java, JEE, Web2.0, SOA and mobile applications.
Rational Developer for AIX and Linux AIX COBOL Edition is the evolution of AIX COBOL tools that were previously marketed under IBM Rational Developer for Power Systems Software.
Rational Developer for AIX and Linux AIX COBOL Edition:
- Speeds delivery of software solutions with productivity-enhancing code development tools integrated into an Eclipse workbench.
- Delivers higher initial code quality with static and dynamic code analysis capabilities.
- Accelerates web and mobile application development with optimization for new and emerging programming environments.
- Helps development teams work more efficiently and effectively through integration with the Rational Collaborative Application Lifecycle Solution.
- Integrates seamlessly with the AIX running on PureSystems, compilers, and back-end debugging services.
Speeds delivery of software solutions
- Integrated development tools run on the developer’s workstation, providing search, edit, build, analysis, debug and refactoring capabilities.
- Source editing capabilities include color tokenizing, outline views, content assist and integrated compile error feedback.
- This solution supports COBOL on AIX, as well as Java, web, SOA and mobile development for AIX and other distributed platforms.
Delivers higher initial code quality
- Visual analysis tools assist in understanding application performance and structure.
- Static analysis rules find issues and recommend solutions.
- Performance Advisor dynamically analyzes application performance and provides expert systems-based recommendations for optimizing applications and correcting performance issues in source code.
Accelerates web and mobile application development
- Includes a substantial subset of the capabilities of IBM Rational Developer for WebSphere Software.
- Includes IBM Worklight Studio.
- Includes IBM Data Studio.
- Includes Cloud Toolkit for performing administrative functions and deploying to WebSphere middleware running in IBM SmartCloud Enterprise,
Helps development teams work more efficiently and effectively
- Integrates seamlessly with lifecycle management software.
- Supports geographically dispersed teams.
- Includes agile, formal and hybrid planning and reporting, configuration management, source control, build automation, test management and more– all on a common platform.
Integrates seamlessly with AIX running on Power and PureSystems
- Outputs of the IBM optimizing compilers feed directly back to the IDE; click on an error in the problems view to position immediately to the suspect source code.
- Debug agents on AIX communicate with Eclipse-based debugger front-end; unique Rational debug architecture enables debugging sessions to span languages and platforms.
- This software supports development of solutions that utilize IBM TxSeries and WXTR for COBOL applications that require a transaction runtime.
IBM Software Subscription and Support is included in the product price for the first year.
Download software online after purchase - no shipping costs.