Turn ideas into products with a collaborative design and development platform
IBM® Rational® Software Architect Design Manager is a collaborative software design and development platform built on Jazz™ technology. IBM Jazz provides an open, extensible architecture that enables teams to collaborate and manage design information across the application development lifecycle. With Rational Software Architect Design Manager, global teams can store, share and manage designs and models in a central location, so they can closely collaborate with stakeholders to successfully meet requirements.
Rational Software Architect Design Manager helps improve the quality, time and agility of software planning, design and delivery.
- A central design hub stores all designs and makes them searchable and accessible to global extended teams.
- An intuitive web client allows access to designs from virtually anywhere and enhances stakeholder collaboration.
- Customizable tools and dashboards improve productivity with automated workflows and real-time status of the latest design activities.
- Automated reports and documents can be generated from all relevant data sources using the Rational Publishing Engine.
- A flexible, extensible architecture allows you to assemble your own software delivery platform, relying on your preferred vendors and solutions.
A central design hub
- Collaborate, manage and share designs across the application development lifecycle. Maximize productivity and lower costs with a central design repository.
- Improve solution quality through automated design reviews and feedback from stakeholders. Verify design correctness, alignment with requirements, feasibility and compliance to organizational standards.
- Search across multiple designs to quickly locate key information for easier review, analysis and reuse of existing designs.
An intuitive web client
- The web client provides easy access to design information for extended stakeholders, such as customers or contractors, to facilitate team collaboration.
- Stakeholders can use a web browser to review and make comments on the actual designs so the architect or systems engineer can collect the feedback without generating a separate artifact for everyone to review.
Customizable tools and dashboards
- Automate design reviews with stakeholders to facilitate communication of requirements.
- Create reviews with team members so they can view model resources, provide comments and mark their review as complete.
- Diagram markups graphically so they can be viewed from the web or desktop clients.
Automated reports and documents
- Enhance impact analysis and reporting using Open Source Lifecycle Collaboration (OSLC) linkage to other software development lifecycle artifacts.
- Deliver up-to-date status and metrics in reports for better communication between teams and stakeholders.
A flexible, extensible architecture
- Create snapshots so you can view an entire project at a given point in time.
- Import models from another repository to a Jazz repository, and schedule the transfer so model content is updated automatically on the design management server.
- Provide team members with role-based versions—design manager or design reviewer—that enable the relevant capabilities for their use.
- The design manager role is designed for team members who are using IBM Rational Software Architect to create and modify designs, and need to update those designs on the design management server, create snapshots and conduct design reviews.
- The design reviewer role is for stakeholders who need to collaborate, review and comment on designs, but do not create or modify the designs directly.
Rational Software Architect Design Manager resources